PDA

View Full Version : S-10 emergency brake

tfeverfred
05-17-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm looking for advice on an emergency brake setup for my rear end. has anyone used Lokars in this application? I guess my real question is "What will work and who has it?"

I don't want to use a pinion brake like the Total setup. Any advice is appreciated.

B.C.
05-18-2007, 08:18 AM
I have used the lokar setup several times and it works fine. I'll see if we can find a pic of the installed kit. It will have to wait till Hulkamania gets back from vacation on Tues we are kinda buried right now.

tfeverfred
05-19-2007, 07:26 AM
I have used the lokar setup several times and it works fine. I'll see if we can find a pic of the installed kit. It will have to wait till Hulkamania gets back from vacation on Tues we are kinda buried right now.

Thanks BC. I'm not doing it for 3 weeks. I like to plan ahead. Especially when I'm getting ready to spend money.

tfeverfred
06-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Well, I'm getting the Lokar emergency brake set up tomorrow and overhauling the rear brakes. I'll post pics in case someone needs them. It's been a while since I did drums. I hope I don't end up cursing too much. :D

B.C.
06-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Just do one side at a time then at least you will have an example of how it goes if you just look at the side your not working on.

thomas
06-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Hi Fred, thomas from the other T-Bucket forum. Happened to run across this web site and called Josh about there 23 T-Bucket kit. He sold me on there kit over TP. I may have my bass boat sold this weekend. Hope to be ordering my kit soon.

thomas:)

B.C.
06-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Glad to here you are considering us. Hulkamania who posts on this board is Josh from sales at Spirit. Careful you don't pump him up to much. He'll be ripping his shirt off and singing I'm a real American. (not a pretty sight)

tfeverfred
06-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Hi Fred, thomas from the other T-Bucket forum. Happened to run across this web site and called Josh about there 23 T-Bucket kit. He sold me on there kit over TP. I may have my bass boat sold this weekend. Hope to be ordering my kit soon.

thomas:)

Nice going, thomas! I look forward to seeeing how things go.

kcfatdawg
06-16-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm guessing you have rear drum brakes. Lokar makes a universal kit for drum brakes. I think the part number you need is EC80FHT. If you go to www.lokar.com (http://www.lokar.com) you can look at photos and part numbers. My S-10 rear had disk brake set up and I used Lokar kit for a Ford Thunderbird and used Corvette Clevis to attach. You might also consider Trans mount brake lever. I used the floor mount kit but in a bucket not much room on floor so mine is mounted on the front part of interior insert between the seat and floor and you pull lever parallel to floor forward. Good Luck.:D