PDA

View Full Version : Shocks

Duke
02-15-2009, 01:23 PM
I really like the look of friction shocks, but hydraulic shocks really are better. It would be great if Spirit came up with a shock mount that is mounted under the frame and used the friction shock location as a lever to connect it all together. It could retain the friction shock look and be hydraulic. Has Spirit done any work along this line and is there a possibility in the future of something being available ? :D

GT63
02-16-2009, 09:25 AM
I really like the look of friction shocks, but hydraulic shocks really are better. It would be great if Spirit came up with a shock mount that is mounted under the frame and used the friction shock location as a lever to connect it all together. It could retain the friction shock look and be hydraulic. Has Spirit done any work along this line and is there a possibility in the future of something being available ? :D

Most hydraulic shocks need to be upright to work correctly.

Duke
02-16-2009, 11:56 AM
True, most shocks should be mounted vertical. I have heard there is some that can be mounted horizontally. I do like the look of my friction shocks, but if there was a set-up that had the look, I would change to Hydraulic.