View Full Version : Body fit

06-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi All,
Was wondering, And I am way ahead of myself here,My t body at the cowl is 25and 3/4 inches and the frame is 26.5.What am I going to do.Its not a spirit body.So any suggestions.It does taper back to a little over 27 in back but just the first few inches of cowl tapers.If i can I will post some pics this weekend.
ThanksGuys Nice job

06-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Is your body a 23 and how far back on the body before it is 26.5" wide. Your only 3/4" short and if you divide that in 1/2 that is 3/8" on each side. It shouldn't look bad if the frame is exposed for the first few inches of the body. Or you could build out the body just over the frame. The way I would do that is by fitting the body to the frame then take some 2" tape and put plenty on the frame around the open area, Then wax the tape and lay some fiberglass on the body over the shape of the frame. Once you trim it out and do a little body work no one will know it is not suppose to be that way. (I wont tell anyone)

06-16-2007, 08:01 AM
I am far from putting the body on but when I got that chassis I just had to see.I will have some trimming to do on the body.I just thought who better would know then the guys on this forum.