PDA

View Full Version : floor help

23 teaser
06-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Im still undicided about who to buy my body from, a question i have is what kind of floo:rolleyes: r is the best some body's come with fiberglass molded and some you install wood can you guys help me is one better than the other

Flat-T23
06-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I had pretty good results with a Spirit body with molded in floor. It was easy to locate and mount to the frame. I did put a piece of 3/4" plywood on the inside for rigidity and secured it to the fiberglass floor with construction adhesive and lots of pan head sheet metal screws.

Hope this helps.

Flat-T

benT
06-25-2007, 05:18 PM
the fiberglass floors are nice as thay give a smooth finish on the underneath side. You should still use wood to reinforce as Flat-T23 recommended. I just used marine plywood and used lots od resin and smoothed it our reasonbly well. if you can't see underneath much or don't care if it is as smooth as the body, don't worry about it. Again as Flat-T23 said, spirit does have a nice smooth floor. If you buy the Spirit molded interior insert, I think you can use expanding foam betweeen the floor and insert and get the rigidity that way...at least thats what Spirit told me!

B.C.
06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Foam does work between the insert and the body but be careful the frame has enough room to expand. Also with the insert there is space between the two floors for a piece of 1/2" plywood.

23 teaser
06-27-2007, 11:07 PM
its great to get the help from all you bucketheads

thomas
06-28-2007, 03:02 AM
Foam does work between the insert and the body but be careful the frame has enough room to expand. Also with the insert there is space between the two floors for a piece of 1/2" plywood.

I'm having Spirit doing all the construction on the body. Body insert, bed, hinged door, etc. So what would I do to make it more stable in between the floors?

thomas:)

Hulkamania
06-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Thomas,
You won't have to do anything to your body. We put a 1/2 inch piece of plywood between the floor of the body and the interior insert and we glass that in. We put oak around the door jams and oak in your doors. Your body will be very stable and all the hard work will be done for you!!! I can tell you are getting more excited as the days go by!!!

Sir William
06-29-2007, 02:25 PM
I've seen dozens of Spirit-prepped cars and I can tell you that you'll be VERY pleased. The doors are very solid. I'm a big guy and I've never felt even the slightest creaking or flexing when I stand in a bucket. This isn't a sales pitch as you've already made your order, but I never turn down the chance to push BC and Spirit. Their stuff is top notch to say the least. :D

thomas
06-30-2007, 12:44 AM
Talking to you today Josh has really got me excited about this 23T. Reminds me of pacing the floor at the hospital waiting for the wife to give birth to our children.:D

thomas