View Full Version : 27T cost

03-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Just wondering.....I buy the 27T super kit. I know I need engine with all the hookups, transmission, drive shaft, differential gears and limited slip, wheels, tires, paint, gauges and windshield. What else would I need to buy. What's been the finished full up cost range on these cars for a basic driver, not a show car.

03-18-2009, 08:58 AM
The 27T superkit you would need wheels/tires, driveshaft, motor/trans, fuel cell, piece of glass for windshield but you would get the posts. You get everything else from gauges, wiring, shifter, steering column, upholstery, and etc. Below is a link you can check out

03-21-2009, 01:11 PM
So can I do a decent 27T for $20K or less?

03-27-2009, 10:14 PM
You can plan on doubling the cost of the Super Kit, and you will be real close. Maybe slightly more depending on upgrades, paint, and wheel tire choice. Detail and engine, trans, choice will also determine final cost. Probably many opinions on this.....but one thing is clear...it will cost more than you think.

03-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Per my spreadsheet - I have it figured down to the last quart of oil including junk hardware for initial assembly - I have mine priced at $9200.00 including all what I want as options. Your cost could go up or down depending on options and what you do yourself or farm out.

06-25-2010, 03:42 PM
I plan to bring mine in under $7500.
but I am
an operating engineer by trade
a fabricator by need
a former drag racer
and a flea market savage.

I went to buy a car one time, in the end the women paid me to tow it away!

06-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Its taking me forever to build one of these cars...I did plan to buy a superkit which seems like a great price for the things you get but unfortunately i cannot get the cash to do it....I am going to build it piece by piece i am building the engine now and start there until i get all my parts....then buy a chassis and so forth