PDA

View Full Version : Title Question

Imacarguytoo
07-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi I am new to the site. My father in law and i are wanting to build a bucket. We are looking at the spirit body and frame. How do we go about getting a title and vin number for the car. We live in Illinois.
Thanks.
________
SinfulEve cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SinfulEve)

Imacarguytoo
07-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Nevermind I just found the thread from B.C. On titleing.
________
HotLatinBear (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/HotLatinBear)

thomas
07-22-2007, 03:19 AM
When you finish your car, you send in three pictures to Spirit of your car and they will send you a vin.# and MSO. There may be a price involved. I haven't gotten that far on my build yet to even ask.

thomas:)

B.C.
07-23-2007, 02:38 PM
You can't title a car till it is one that is why we wait till it is built. I really enjoy looking at the different ways customers build there buckets and the pictures also let us know the car is done. There is no charge but we only give the Vin and MOS with a complete rolling chassis and body kit.

R N D
07-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Okay, you got me B.C., I suppose this is where I have stop reading and start asking.:D

I can't swing the cost of a complete kit but I also can't wait to start building, so my intention is to buy the chassis package first and then (when money allows) follow up with the deluxe body kit. Will that qualify for a VIN and MSO?

By the way, this forum is terrific. Seeing how much help is available and how friendly everyone is were two of the main reasons I'm going to be building a Spirit kit.

B.C.
07-23-2007, 07:53 PM
The #'s in a spirit Vin have a meaning and so long as the bucket has our body and our chassis when it is complete you can title it as a Spirit. It will title as the year you finish the car. Welcome aboard!

B.C.
07-23-2007, 07:56 PM
R N D what is that a pic of in your avatar?

R N D
07-23-2007, 08:03 PM
That was my first bucket build. My sons and I did that one Christmas morning with their new Tinker toys.

B.C.
07-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Can you put it in the gallery so we can see it.

cmondale
09-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Hello everyone. Has anyone successfully titled one of the Spirit cars in Wisconsin? If so under what catagory did you title it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

harley 883
01-29-2008, 02:09 PM
hi iam building a t bucket frame from scratch and was told on another forum that to title it just take it to local police dept. and let them look it over they will give you a paper to take to the dmv.

thomas
01-29-2008, 06:52 PM
In Michigan after you complete the car, you call the local police dept, they inspect the car and issue a vin number.

thomas:)