PDA

View Full Version : More titling snafu

sstock
07-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Hello all,
I live up in Washington State. Back in 1996 SEMA helped convince the state legislature to relax constrains on titling for kitcars and street rods. At the time I was happy because I've been planning this T bucket build for a very long time now (30 years). The number one kid is now through college, so I thought I would look into starting my project. My first stop was down to the DMV and I was floored when I found out that in 2006 they changed the '96 laws (RCW's in Washington)back. Now kit vehicles are titled as not the model year but as the year they were completed. They also say kit on the title. The lousey part of this is now they are subject to emission testing in those populated counties, which unlucky for me I live in. In short, if I build this roadster, I will have to meet todays emission standards.
I think it is doable if I can get cat inserts to work with the roadster headers. Has anyone ever heard of running cats on long tubes?

THX
Steve

Mule Skinner
07-24-2007, 11:14 AM
I've not seen that done before, but, If you go to Photoman's post on July 22 and look at that style Bucket, it looks like maybe you could use some type of exhaust "cut out" system and hide the cat exhaust pipes under the car where they would exhaust out the back normally and out the side pipes when you are in a normal State. Skinner

GT63
07-24-2007, 03:20 PM
There are ads in Street Rodder and Rod & Custom for places that have titles for sale. I went this route, my T is titled and registered as a 1923 Ford Model T Roadster.