PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

bentbaggerlen
07-25-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm looking to build a bucket. I've been able to check out several built with kits from Total at local shows. They all built up in very nice cars, and none of the owners had anything negative to say about them.

But I would also like to check out a few built from a Spirit kit. If you have a Spirit, finished or not I would love to get a look at it. Before I plunk down my cash. Drop me a line if your in the New England area.

I'm looking at the kits mostly to help with the VIN and MSO paper work for the dreaded DMV. Building a frame would be no big deal, but dealing with DMV is not high on my list. Any one on the list built there own frame in CT?

GT63
07-25-2007, 05:13 PM
I built my T using a Spirit Chassis and a CCR body. The Spirit is heavier since they use a thicker 2x3 squre tube, which makes it easier to drill and tap. If I was building another T, it would have a Spirit chassis under it.

Check out my gallery.

http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=8

http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=107
I'm looking to build a bucket. I've been able to check out several built with kits from Total at local shows. They all built up in very nice cars, and none of the owners had anything negative to say about them.

But I would also like to check out a few built from a Spirit kit. If you have a Spirit, finished or not I would love to get a look at it. Before I plunk down my cash. Drop me a line if your in the New England area.

I'm looking at the kits mostly to help with the VIN and MSO paper work for the dreaded DMV. Building a frame would be no big deal, but dealing with DMV is not high on my list. Any one on the list built there own frame in CT?

thomas
07-25-2007, 10:26 PM
GT63, could you send me a picture of your front shock setup on you T-Bucket? I just started building my Spirit chassis and I'm not liking the friction shocks to much. Do you know of any shock kits that might work on the spirit chassis? Not a lot of clearance between the frame and radius rods.

thomas:)

Jim Gaston
07-26-2007, 04:56 PM
No doubt about it ... Spirit is the only way to go.

Seen others, Spirit wins hands down ... There are T-Buckets and then there are "things" that look like T-Buckets.

GT63
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Thomas, Check out my gallery(s), I have a couple pictures of it in there.

bentbaggerlen
08-16-2007, 07:32 PM
OK so I ordered a Spirit kit, got my donor all cut up and I'm itching to build....