View Full Version : king pin assembly

07-30-2007, 01:30 PM
I have spirits 27 rolling chassis and am assembling the front end and cant figure out an extra piece that came with the king pin set. It is a threaded stud sticking out of a little rounded block (if memory servers me right), maybe 1/2" square by an inch long. Anyone have any ideas where this thing goes? And while on the subject of king pins, let me make sure I have the order of assembly right here: The king ping goes through a cupped washer, fiber washer, spindle, metal washer, bearing, and then the spindle again?

07-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Paulski, I'm building a 23T from Spirit and I'm having the same problem right now. I would think they would spend a little money and have exploded view of this all important assembly. I love there kit, but some sort of assembly manual would be of great help. This is my first attempt at building any kind of car. I'm not the brightest light in the garage, so any kind of help would be appreicated.

07-30-2007, 01:57 PM
That pin is for a stock spindle and is not needed for our kit. There is a set screw in the boss in the axle to hold the king pin in.

07-30-2007, 09:18 PM
How about the order of the king pin assembly? Also, does the cupped washer go cupped down so the fiber washer fits inside of it, or facing up so the head of the king pin sits inside of it?

07-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Here is a link to some instructions. It shows the king pin spindle set up but I should be able find a better pic or drawing tomorrow.