PDA

View Full Version : T Bucket front axel choice

shaky
07-31-2007, 06:31 PM
:confused: New to t-bucket game but am having fun with all the challenges. O K here goes Building T Found a 1948 ford front axel - wouls this be good canadate for the t-bucket it has the spindals and the price is 75.00 $$$$ your opinion ?? thanx Shaky

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

B.C.
08-01-2007, 09:20 AM
"New to t-bucket game but am having fun with all the challenges" If you enjoy scrounging and making it work that axle is a good deal. There have been many good looking buckets built using what ever parts could be found. That is a different type of build than buying an engineered Bucket. There is no right or wrong way to build a t-bucket. The main issue for me is that it is an enjoyable experience. There are great people in this hobby and I would encourage you to start creating relationships as well as creating a T bucket. But PLEASE be careful to build something safe
Shaky I just looked at some of your past posts, Your asking the right kind of questions and if I was you I would buy that axle cuz even if you don't use it you should be able to get your money back and then some. P.S. I think I put up a drawing of our frame some where in the gallery.

shaky
08-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Hi B C A fellow round here ( Hamilton Ontario Canada ) had some plans Very decent simple plans from California Customs Simplicity here , trust me -very detailed, but the in the plans they call for tube front axel , but had a chance and picked up I beam from 48 ford , headin to the garage now to see how to make this puppy work

Thanx for your response B C keep you advised. Take Care :D :D :D

shaky
08-07-2007, 08:42 PM
OK T- Bucket heads , the axel will work but have few ??? s
1 st its a 48 ford front end with spindles , Are there production line rotors that will fit these spindles , ( heard mid 70s chevelle ) can any 1 shed any lite on this mystery ?

2 nd ? - mite run into radius rod clearence problem , any 1 encountered this ,,does it have to be a 4 bar radius rod,, any help here would be of help thanx Shaky

BobJ
08-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Shaky: I believe that Speedway may have the brake kit that you may need.
www.speedwaymotors.com

B.C.
08-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks Bob J I don't want this to be a Spirit sales board and like to see all options presented. Here a link to the Spirit brake kit
http://shop.spiritcars.com/brakes/gm-5x4-3/4-complete-brake-kit/prod_39.html