View Full Version : New school in town.

08-01-2007, 10:47 AM
We plan on using the Spirit facility and experience to offer A hotrod school. We are putting curriculum together now with some very talented builders and will be offering a 3 day course sometime toward the end of Sept. The class will be open to a min 6 max 10 students and will cover all the fundamentals of building your own car. for more info e-mail bchester@spiritcars.com

Sir William
08-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Awesome....can I audit the class? :D

08-20-2007, 07:36 PM
B.C. any word on when and the cost of the school.

08-20-2007, 11:52 PM
I sent an email but have not heard anything.......do we have any dtails

08-21-2007, 10:03 AM
I really want the three days to have value to those who come. I am talking to several rod builders who are willing to do a section of the curriculum. We are trying to decide what is a rounded choice of topics and how in depth should we go into each one. Plus we have decided to use the old shop so we are setting it up as a studio/school and will probably do what we will call a field trip to Spirit to get some hands on here trying not to disrupt production to much.
I sorry it has taken so long to get the details but when we announced it I was just trying to get feed back to see if it was even a viable idea. There has been plenty of interest and I believe we will try to do it once a month or maybe every other month. Also I have a dealer in AZ. who has a rod shop who might pattern a school after what we doing once we get the bugs worked out.
So for now PLEASE if you have any ideas on what you think would be interesting to learn let us know in this thread.

08-21-2007, 11:56 PM
that's great:)

I'm just getting started so the more basic the better . Something past opening the boxes...
there seems to be a lot of questions on setting up the front end ..maybe start there.

08-22-2007, 09:39 AM
I have 2 different people looking at the old shop today and hopefully one of them likes it enough to buy it. Not to worry we talked about the possibility of doing the school at the new Spirit facility and that is a workable solution. We were bouncing back and forth about where to do it but the decision has been make to have the school shop at the new place and use the Ramada for some classroom stuff.
We are going to do a live web broadcast this Sunday night at 7:00 central I will post the info on how to see it in this thread and other places a little later. I think we will set up a front end as part of the first show so stay tuned for that.

08-22-2007, 08:47 PM
I have the rolling chassie, would like to do body work,(attach bed, install new dash, and window post then maybe trim out body for upolstery.

08-23-2007, 10:12 AM
If we had several people with Spirit buckets ether to pick up or at different stages that would like to have there bucket as one of the school projects. At the same tine I would like to cover the full range. ie paint, suspension, brakes, welding, body, ect.. If an individual wanted to stay focused on there own project I'm sure that can be accommodated.

08-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Live web broadcast http://www.helloworld.com:80/members_myworld.aspx?ID=1spirit&target=show This Sunday at 7:00 central. This will be an interactive web broadcast where we will have guests, do some hands on tec, and talk about what is hapening in the hotrod world. This will be our first live broadcast so it should be intresting to see how it goes. The show is called the "Burn Road Show".

08-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Have you got down to the cost part of the program yet.

08-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm thinking $300.00 with a discount if you have bought a Spirit Kit or buy a Spirit kit in the near future. Say 3 months after the date of the school.

09-13-2007, 10:31 PM
any more info on the school

09-13-2007, 11:44 PM
We have been very very busy and I have not had the time to prepare the school to be at the level to that I believe it needs to be. I did one live practice broadcast on helloworld http://www.helloworld.com:80/members_myworld.aspx?ID=1spirit&target=show there is a rerun at this link. In it we talk about assembling a front end. We will do another broadcast soon that will touch on fiberglass. The school is still in the plan but not until I can give it the attention it needs to be a quality program worth it to anyone attending. Again we have been just to busy to take on any thing new just yet but stay tuned and thanks for your interest.