PDA

View Full Version : Steering?

fletch03867
06-01-2010, 04:33 AM
Hey Guys,
Anyone ever dealt with hydraulic steering, I have what I believe is a KSE hydraulic set
up, It has the steering head and resevoir, but no pump or steering cylinder. Can"t seem to find any info on it, or parts. Also how to set it up, need help badly! Any info would be greatly appreciated. Chopper

B.C.
06-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Is it for a bucket or a larger car. If it is for a bucket it is not nessary as the front end is so light you do not need power.

fletch03867
06-01-2010, 04:59 PM
B.C. Thanks for quick comeback. The hydraulic system is in a bucket I just bought And I"m not a big guy, the system leaks, and is mising parts, very hard to steer. I was thinking about going to a vega box,
but everyone says it would be just as hard to steer. Should of looked this car over better, tough getting old . Thanks for the info! Chopper

T=Test
06-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Summit Racing may have the info you need. Like B.C. said, you don't need p/s on a bucket. Either traditional or cross steer with as light as these cars are is not going to be a big effort for anyone to steer. IMHO power anything on a Bucket is a waste of $$, except HP!!!

italianrich
01-25-2011, 12:00 AM
is it a full hydro setup? the type that runs off an orbital valve box? those are illegal to run on a street car, you have to have a mechanical connection to the steering system(like a regular hydro assisted steering box). i have run full hydro on rock jeeps, no way you could keep one on the highwAY!!

I used an s-10 manual steering box on my 27, it steers so easily, you dont need power assist.
rich