PDA

View Full Version : prop valve and M/C plumbing

Paulski
08-14-2007, 07:46 PM
When plumbing the master cylinder, do I have to cross the lines and connect them to the traditional ports of the master cylinder as if it was mounted on the firewall or can I run the front lines to the port made for the rear brakes? Also, do I add the proportioning valve between the M/C and the rear brakes?

Thanks

Paul

B.C.
08-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Sorry it took so long for you to get a response. I am putting a link to a PDF that has a pic on page 12.http://www.spiritcars.com/images/instruction%20manual.pdf Also the proportioning valve goes on the front brakes on a Spirit bucket because that is where it is needed.

Paulski
08-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Just out of curiosity, How come the front brakes need the prop valve? I would think I would want the front brakes to be as strong as they could be, and not want to lessen them with a prop valve. I'm sure you guys have done a whole lot of engineering on the brake system, I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just trying to learn!

Lee in KC
08-21-2007, 09:35 AM
I'll take a shot at this one. You want the rear brakes to lock up before the fronts so that you can maintain directional control in a panic stop.

B.C.
08-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks Lee without the proportioning valve on the front line the front brakes seemed to always lock up before the rear.

thomas
09-30-2007, 09:06 PM
BC,
Do you need a proprotioning valve if your running a four disc system with power brakes? And what size lines do you use for your braking system in your turn keys. I now have a rolling chassis and would like to finish up my brake system before doing anything else.

thomas:)