PDA

View Full Version : I wanna build a C-cab Paddy Wagon

DocYates
08-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Finally I am getting around to my bucket list, and wanna build a C-cab Paddy Wagon, modeled after the 1969 Hot Wheels I had when I was a kid. The Spirit 23 C-cab really has me hot to do this, and from the pics I have seen of the body it looks very good. How hard is this kit to build, based upon the other kits out there? I have heard that Spirit offers excellent customer service, and they are close enough (Arkansas to Alabama) so that I can go over and pick it up when it is ready.
I have access to a small blcok Chevy 350 which should do fine in this kit from what I have read.
What is the most common reason that people do not finish these kits? Are they that hard to build? This would be my fist kit build and I honestly want to know if this is an impossible task for the average mechanic. I have a nice stocked workshop. I have been building RC planes and working with giant scale models for over 20 years. I have lots of air tools, and an engine lift, and most of all I have the desire to do this. Am I taking on too big of a project?

T=Test
08-13-2010, 08:10 AM
I still have the model of the Paddy Wagon. Spirits kits are as complete as you can get to buying a finnished Rod. As far as not finnishing a kit is up to your abilities, time, and money. Just remember if you get frustrated by not knowing how something goes or works, step back and ask Spirit or some others on the other Forums for help and you will get answers. If you buy a Spirit Kit, then do not mix & match parts from other companys. Spirit will do whatever it takes to help you with the build and they are one of the best at Bucket building in the Nation. Nothing's cheap so don't try a cheap build. Your family's and your life as well as others depends on safety first,fun second, looks last because no two buckets are the same as so many have personalized them to there tastes. Good luck. T=Test

B.C.
08-13-2010, 02:01 PM
This is a little over simplified but they are not that hard to build.
<embed width="452" height="361" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" name="main" id="main" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" src="http://www.bcstudio.tv/player/vPlayer.swf?f=http://www.bcstudio.tv/player/vConfig.php?vkey=601bbe69f35103915218" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />

23Paddywagon
09-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Doc, I am along in that process also. You can go to www.bobspaddywagon.net to see and read what has happened since I started the project with a basic Spirit kit.
I would be glad to answer any questions that come up.
The biggest problem is that there are a lot of parts out there but most everything needs to be modified in some way to get to your objective. I have come a long way since starting and have learned a lot.
Bob B.

DocYates
10-04-2010, 08:06 AM
thanks Bob. I plan on getting to it. I went ahead and ordered the 27' T bucket kit to build for now. I thought since this is my first kit build I would start with something a little less challenging. I am still waiting on a delivery time, but am slowly collecting the parts so when it gets here I can get started on it. I will regret not doing the C-cab, but I can look forward to doing it after I get this one completed.