PDA

View Full Version : Model A Bodies

canoehenge
11-12-2010, 02:07 PM
I am now getting to the point in my life where I am ready to get back to my roots and build a traditional retro hot rod. My current project, a rehab of a 49 Plymouth will provide seed money for the next build. I am in the process of planning my next build and am impressed with how Spirit Industries has put together some very good packages. BC, in your online catalog you list four different A bodies. Only on SP2900 do you reference the body as fitting the 27T or A chassis, otherwise the pictures and descriptions are identical. What are the differences with the other three: SP1929C, SP1930C, and SP3000? What do you recommend as the proper firewall, deep cowl or short cowl, for a SBC 350/700R4 combination? Do you offer any of the 5 window coupes in a super kit? Do you offer the 32 three window coupe on a super kit? If so, what are the particulars? You state that the S10 rear end is "as is". Does the rear end on the super kits come equipped with rebuilt drum brakes? Do you have a disc conversion kit for S10 rear end? I would also be interested in knowing how the gas tank is configured for both the 5 window and 3 window coupes. Do you offer any other one piece hood other than the induction cowl hood? Would the hood offered by Speedway suffice? This is just the start of my questions, there will be more as I formalize my plan.

Thanks,

Bert
www.canoehenge.com
A bad day on the river is better than a good day at work.

B.C.
11-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Wow thats a lot of questions for someone who can't type. We do the A a lot of different ways. Channeled on a 27 chassis, with a flat floor on an A chassis and with a 32 floor for that highboy look an 32 rails. If you give Spirit a call we can explain the options better. 870-425-8000 and ask for Josh