PDA

View Full Version : WOW !

dangileri
11-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Okay - just took delivery Friday Afternoon - of my 23 T kit from Spirit.

BC - I have to say - I am very impressed and Satisfied with my purchase.

- Price was reasonable
- Shipment came in a reasonable time frame
- Shipment was neat and clean - no smashed parts - all packaged well (one comment - use screws not nails for the creates - it makes it easier for us to pull apart) :)
- Shipment was complete - nothing missing

Then my son's and I unloaded and all we could continuously say was WOW ! :D

We checked the frame - straight as can be, welds are fantastic and brackets are all heavy duty - Very impressive.

As suggested by others - ran to a Hardware store and bought a dozen 3/8, 7//16 and 5/8 Nuts not to use the lock nuts during the mock up build.

Late Friday night we started to fit in the rear - all went together with ease - everything fit just right - it was a pleasure.

Spent a few hours Saturday and a few hours Sunday - got the steering box in, the engine in, the front radius rods and drop axle in.

If we had a few more hours I am sure we could have finished a mock up.

Very impressed at the ease to assemble and at how well all of the pieces fit together.

Great Job and Fantastic Company you have put together!!!

So that anyone who reads this does not think (this guy is still on the high of getting his new toy) - there are a few minor things to question or to ask Spirit to do better, but wow - this kit is a breeze! 30 years ago I built a kit to make an exotic fiberglass car out of a Volkswagen sub frame - what a hassle that was - nothing fit right and nothing lined up - no issues like that from this Spirit kit. The instructions from the web could use a little more details and some of the loose threaded pipe could use a label, but other than that - very few questions assembling it so far. Nothing a phone call or two to Josh cannot clear up.

Singed a very happy Customer,
Dave A and sons (David jr and Daniel) - were thinking of calling ourselves 3D motor sports

Pics will be in the Gallery before the weekend ends

Hulkamania
11-15-2010, 10:55 PM
I am glad everything arrived ok. We are working on a better manual and also a start to finish DVD of building the car. If you have any questions feel free to email or call. Can't wait until we see some pictures.

rbswelder
12-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Hulk,

I have looked at your manual several times to identify updates. I was never really sure of any.

As you begin your re-write, I suggest that you put a revision date on the cover. Update the date when you make a revision to the manual. Easy way for you and us to keep up.

Regards,

Mark

aka rbswelder

bjhtgg
01-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Lucky man everything went good. Most of the time the shipment creates trouble. Never reach on time or smashed parts. Following up with then is the biggest job I guess. I can see your happiness from the post. Post the pics immediately so that we can also have a look at your happiness.

dangileri
01-22-2011, 10:12 AM
It was like an early Christmas present (complete with - "is it here yet?", "is it hear yet?!!!"), but funny thing - the world of computers even hit the trucking company... After Spirit gave me the tracking number - I called the trucking company and they asked me if I wanted to be put on e-mail alert from the GPS system they have. It was very cool - I would get an e-mail whenever the truck crossed a state line and when it came into or left one of their depots. Neat stuff - also learned that they tend to drive at night and sleep late afternoon as e-mails would stop in the day time then show up in the middle of the night. I was worried about the fiberglass in shipping, but it was fine - I think we did more damage putting it on and off the frame 87 times so far (little dings/chips). Pics are in the gallery - we are just about ready to begin final assembly - would have been ready sooner, but working in a small garage and the weather has been brutal lately, with another snow storm coming this week. As I tell my son... all in good time. :)

dangileri
02-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Spoke to Josh the other day and ordered the remaining large parts so we could start a full (and final) build. Can't wait !!!

H-Ace-T
02-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Pictures please........:D

deckofficer
02-05-2011, 11:36 PM
As suggested by others - ran to a Hardware store and bought a dozen 3/8, 7//16 and 5/8 Nuts not to use the lock nuts during the mock up build.
Ah Obie one, you learn your lesson well. That is so wise, because I think your final assy hardware are the nylocks, they should never be reused.

dangileri
02-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Got a way to go still - next shipment of parts due in from Spirit any day now - cold weather slowed us down, but here she is as of a few hours ago (seeing the engine color clash - we definately are changing that when we pull all the parts off to paint the frame.

http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/gallery/image_1908.jpg

http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/gallery/image_1906.jpg

sstock
02-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Looking great so far. You have a mean set of rear skins on that bucket.
Hope to join you soon on my first build.

deckofficer
02-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Nice MTs on the back. You will really like that tire, I do.

Photoman
03-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Manual trans eh?