PDA

View Full Version : Most fun Had in a Bucket story's

B.C.
12-09-2006, 11:57 AM
I got lotsa story's but the best memory is taking my 80+ year old grandma (she's 90+ now}to Sonic in the first bucket I ever built ie. the first ever Spirit built turnkey. It didn't have doors so we all kinda helped her in and I asked her if she didn't want to put a scarf on to keep her hair from blowing around cuz it mite get a little windy. She said she was fine but I went into the shop for a min. and when I came back out she had her scarf on. (She still goes to the hairdresser once a week on Sat. I know what buckethead hair looks like and it was best she used the scarf.) It was her first hot rod ride. I remember she did comment it was a little windy.
We all posed for a family portrait at the Sonic. She has that pic hanging in her kitchen to this day. It is a great memory for me. I'm still not sure if she is proud of me or thinks I'm crazy for building these Tbucket things.

PetT
12-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Cute story.... and I'm SURE she is proud of you... cause,,, grammas are like that :)

Mule Skinner
02-28-2007, 09:36 AM
I love it! One of my favorite pictures of my recently deceased 100 year old Grandma is of her sitting on my Uncle's Harley. God bless Grandparents.

B.C.
02-28-2007, 12:55 PM
http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/gallery/image_259.jpgI found the picture of grandma. Now she can be famous on the internet.

23Tzer
02-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Gotta love it. I wish my mom had lived until I got my bucket built. She would have loved it. I used to take her riding on the back of my Goldwing and she sure loved that.

B.C.
03-04-2007, 02:51 PM
I talked to grandma Sat. on the way home from Indy. She is 95 and just got home from shopping. My brother takes her and she said she thought that it mite be the last time she does her own shopping it just wore her out to much. I'm afraid we will soon have to help her make the decision that it is not a good idea for her to live alone any more. We have been trying to move her in with us for several years now and this may be the year that it will just have to happen.

Hankster
04-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Well we have had allot of fun over the last three years in the roadster. We have talked to a lot of people and made a lot of new friends. We also have been lucky enought to win at a few car shows! But the one i remember the most is one night in the middle of last summer, the girlfriend and i dicided to go for an evening ride. So we tossed in a bottle of water and off we go around about a 15 mile area in south oklahoma city. It had been a really good evening for a ride. When we were getting ready to start heading for the house we pulled up to a light and we were in the right lane. Their was a mini van in the left lane. As we rolled up beside it i saw a lady in the passenger seat-age 25 to 35 years old maybe. Looked like she had MS something along that line. She was crippled up pretty bad. When she turned and looked out her window and saw the roadster setting there next to her , her eyes were bigger and briter then the head lights on the roadster. A glow came over her face like i have never seen on anyone's face before. She was trying to roll the window down and talk to us but was not having much luck. I could tell what she wanted to say any way. The light was getting ready to change so i checked around and pulled it down in first gear and when the light changed i nailed it. With the tires spinning and the headers bellowing i could still hear her squeeling and hollering. She had the biggest grin on her face i have ever seen when they pulled up beside us at the next light with every thumb in the van pointed up!!! The light changed again and off they went into the night. A van full of grins and laughs and me with a warm heart knowing i made a difference in somebodys life with my hobby! Even if it was for only a few mins. I just wished i would of had a camera with me that night to catch that smile. One for the memory books for sure.

T-Rex
04-10-2007, 04:02 PM
I got the T registration and licensed today, so I'm Spirit legal! I placed my Spirit order on 17 April 2006, got the registration 10 April 2007. I'd call that a year. Can't get this smile off my face!

23Tzer
04-11-2007, 09:09 AM
I pulled into Wally World in my bucket the other day and a van pulled in beside me. There was a little old lady in the back seat and she asked me if she could look my car over while is was inside the store. I told her she could look it over as long as she liked. When I came out of the store she was still going around the bucket looking it over really good. I asked her if she'd like to go for a ride. She said "Ride hell, I want to drive it". I tossed her my keys and told her to have fun. Only problem was, she couldn't get out of her wheelchair and into the car. She thanked me and told me it really made her day just to look at it.

Gotta love it.
Al

Hankster
04-12-2007, 09:54 PM
That was a great story AL. I know you had a big grin on your face too! This story page is great!!!!

Hankster
04-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Man T-Rex that is one pretty car!! Love that color!!! You have done a great job on it and it shows!! Now go put some smiles on some faces and tells us the storys!!!!!

PAR-T
04-18-2007, 05:10 PM
short and sweet, after the bucket was finished (driveable) the wife was leary about a ride. the kid and I were haveing a blast going for rides. ok wife said yes to the ride.....easy out of the drive, easy down the road, easy back to the house.... then she said " that not so scary, I thought you said this thing would go" .......four donuts in the yard later, me and the kids are still having fun..

Hankster
05-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Now thats funny right there~!!! Sound like you had a great time too. If i would have done that to moma she may have punched me but then said DO IT AGAIN!! :D

B.C.
07-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Jiggs Emery left me and many others more than a few memories 12/21/1945 - 6/19/2007
The pic in the top left is him recieving the Buckethead of the year award back in 1999
http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/gallery/image_732.jpg

B.C.
07-30-2007, 10:01 AM
On the way to the Gaston Visitor Center we stopped at Auburn Hills and visited with some of the residents. I got to meet Olive, she is 90+ and has 2 son's who really like cars. It was great talking to her and I told her if she didn't mind I would like to put a picture of her on the Internet for her sons to see. What a great lady.

http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/gallery/image_514.jpg