PDA

View Full Version : 27 T-bucket questions.

DocYates
12-31-2010, 11:32 AM
I am building the Spirit 27 T bucket. Am using the bullet nose (Track T) nose shell.
I have a couple of questions.
What size radiator would I use with this nose peice? Is the attachments for the radiator already in place on the frame from Spirit?
Second, I want to use a chrome steering column, preferably a tilt version. Which unit works best (30", 32", etc)? I will be using the floor automatic shifter. Do I need the column drop, if so, how big and how do you recommend attaching it to the dashborad?
Is there any need for attaching brake line support tabs to the frame? I am using the boosted unit (disc brakes in front and drum in rear). If so, are there areas you will need to avoid in placing the tabs in order not to interfere with other things.
What size fuel tank in the best in the 27 Roadster? Does it come with attachment bands, or do brackets need to be welded in to the frame before it is painted?
Thanks for the help
This is my first build, so I am a neophyte when it comes to these issues.

Hulkamania
01-03-2011, 11:08 AM
We have the radiators built by Portell Radiator. 888-449-4103 you can call him and get the measurement from him. I know the track T radiator is different. I am not sure on the measurements. We don't sell to many Track T grill shells.

We attach the grill shell to the radiator.

Spirit uses a 35" column and then use a extension between the vega box and steering column. We use a 2" ID by 2 1/2" drop (column drop). We use a piece of angle iron behind the dash.

We use the clamps to attach the brake lines to the frame. If you give us your email address I will send you some pictures of how we run them.

Spirit uses a 15 gallon tank. Spirit offers them for $225. Has brackets on the frame to attach to the frame.

If you give me your email address I will email you pictures of the above. Also email your questions to me anytime.

info@spiritcars.com