08-22-2007, 12:43 AM
Hi
I see the preferred engines are Ford and Chevy. Has anyone used a
318 or 239 V6.:confused:

Is this an easy thing to do?

I've seen several articles on hot rodding them lately

B.C.
08-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Mopar makes a good motor and will drop into a bucket very easily. It may cost a little more to build one than a Chevy and headers will be harder to come by but if your a Mopar guy be a Mopar guy and be prepared to defend your self in a friendly way against the Chevy and Ford guys. It's all for fun so have it the way you want it.

nascar88-44
08-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Hay,If you want something different Try a Toyota 4 banger.If you thing Dodge parts are hard to find try finding Yoyo parts.I have had to build the intake,header and brackets.
Take a look at my car,its titled (dare to be different) in the galerey.

B.C.
08-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Toyota also makes a good looking Hemi. A few of them make it to the US. The guy I talked to said it was real tuff getting parts but it was a good motor.

wz8362
08-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Sounds like a lot of work:)

I saw some pictures in the 9/06 Rod & Custom of a Toyota 4 cylinder.
It talked about a article in the July 2006 issue on it.

Did anyone see it? It it worth looking for?

Hemi-T
01-21-2008, 09:05 PM
I have seen several mopar powered Ts'. I'm currently building one with an early hemi. The neat thing about this is the engine mounts are the same for small block and early hemis and even the small block magnum motors and all three bolt up to the same bell housing of the trany. Sure it may cost a little more and custom parts are harder to find but it's fun to be different and not like the "cookie cutter" SB Chevy or ford. Sanderson headers will make headers for mopars of all types. There is quite alot of aftermarket parts for the magnum motors i.e. aluminum heads, roller rockers, intakes, etc. I have found that Mancini Racing is a great source for 5.2 and 5.9 magnums