PDA

View Full Version : 27 T-Bucket Build - Brake help

DocYates
01-23-2011, 08:42 PM
The rear end which came with my T-bucket kit is missing all of the brake hardware. Is there a suggested place where I can buy a drum brake kit which will include all of the pieces need to rebuild the drum brakes in this rear end/ I think the rear end (7.5 inch) is probably from an early 1990 S10 Trailblazer, but I am not having a whole lot of luck in finding a rebuild kit, so thought you guys might have some insight on where I could pick this up.
Thanks

H-Ace-T
01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
If your talking about all the springs and hardware then any Autoparts store should carry them. Granted some don't have it as a kit so ask for the rear brake hardware spring kit, the wheel cylinders, the wheel adjuster for the driver and the passenger sides and then go to a junk yard and get the spacer bar and emegrency brake cable bar.

benT
01-23-2011, 11:21 PM
If your talking about all the springs and hardware then any Autoparts store should carry them. Granted some don't have it as a kit so ask for the rear brake hardware spring kit, the wheel cylinders, the wheel adjuster for the driver and the passenger sides and then go to a junk yard and get the spacer bar and emegrency brake cable bar.

H-Ace T is right. I have the same rear end. I bought the all-in-one kit from AutoZone. As he also said, the spacer bar is a difficult find, so you may need to junkyarding...:)

Ted Brown
01-24-2011, 03:25 AM
I always thought that was kinda chicken/cheap to not give all those parts with the rear end, as they got most or all of the parts when they bought the rear end... Maybe they wanted to sell you the parts? I always gave the rear end complete,as I got it anyway... Sometimes a junk yard is the best place for most all the hard parts, drums and inside arms, etc. new wheel cyls and shoes are always a good plan...Note; you may want to try and get larger wheel cyls. as this will be almost like power brakes with the bigger bore cylinders, and smaller master than stock...