PDA

View Full Version : another new guy

haney sr
01-28-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm an old retired mechanic and drag racer that misses the 50's and 60's, before computers. If this message ends quickly it means I smashed this computer. I have built a Spirit 23 T and I think I posted a couple of pictures on the gallery? still an ongoing project. I dont talk much but I enjoy browsing these forums.

deckofficer
01-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Welcome from another newbe here. Talk if you want or read the threads, what ever suits you. I looked at your ride, really nice.

Photoman
01-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the Forum! Cool car you have there. Looks simple and fast. Just the way they should be. :)

http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/gallery/image_1822.jpg

dangileri
01-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Very Cool - Welcome and regarding the computer stuff - I too have a mechanical background, however I ran computer systems for most of my adult carrer - a good friend of mine use to say - Humans make mistakes, Computers really screw things up ! By the way - one of the best things about building my T is that it has a distributor ! No computers !

deckofficer
01-28-2011, 09:11 PM
No laptop needed to tune that dude.

B.C.
01-28-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm an old retired mechanic and drag racer that misses the 50's and 60's, before computers. If this message ends quickly it means I smashed this computer. I have built a Spirit 23 T and I think I posted a couple of pictures on the gallery? still an ongoing project. I dont talk much but I enjoy browsing these forums.

congrats on your first post. As for the computer thing don't feel bad. For the first year I had e-mail the way I used it was someone put a copy on my desk I took my pen and answered it then they took my answer and sent it off.

Dennis Bynum
01-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Welcome

Fadt
01-29-2011, 08:08 AM
You are in good company. Mech Eng background but I forced myself to learn about computers

Love the ride. Plain, simple and cool.
Like the steel wheels, black headers etc etc. Would be happy to cruise along side you anytime. Cruise as in driving. Im from the UK and learned a long time ago that cruising in the USA can mean something very different!!!!!
Gerry

italianrich
01-29-2011, 08:33 PM
hey new guy!!!! guess it got warm enough to get that thing out of the garage and take some pics? i got mine out for its maiden run, took it around the subdivision, it rides like crap, goes like stink, and is leaking tranny fluid.
Rich(haney sr's son)

benT
01-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Looking good! Nice clean bucket. :D