View Full Version : Who would watch a Spirit cam?

02-02-2011, 10:05 PM
I was thinking about putting up a web cam in the clean area where we assemble the cars. Would there be any interest in watching such a thing? What value would it have? Folks who are having a car built may like to see it.

02-03-2011, 01:12 AM
In my shop if you want to sit and watch me work all day I would have to charge extra. If I were one of your employees I don't think I would like knowing that I was being watched every minute...What if I had an itch in a personal spot.....Just a couple of thoughts....ruggs

02-03-2011, 01:32 AM

A fun compromise that both customers and forum watchers would enjoy would be time laspe filming. That way a butt scratch would not have the time duration to be caught, and the video compresses 8 hr day into 20 seconds, thus making the workers seem like the superhero Flash.

02-03-2011, 10:12 AM
As much as I value my privacy, I've resigned myself to the fact that there are cameras ~everywhere~ and if people see me scratch my butt, well... they'll just have to get over it. LOL

I would think customers would like being able to see their car being built. A possibility is to have the cameras, but only available for customers with cars in the clean room. Then again, for those that are thinking of buying a car or kit, it might be a valuable sales tool.

02-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Time lapse would be interesting but maybe 3 or 4 minutes long. I wouldn't want to see it restricted to buyers though.......ruggs

Dennis Bynum
02-03-2011, 07:29 PM
I remember when you built a car on web cam. I don't remember who's it was but I enjoyed seeing the progress. Mabee Ricks or the 27 with the cross on it?

02-03-2011, 07:44 PM
I can't get the videos to play for T-five-O. I'd like to see some too but I hope to see some up close in July

02-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Great idea for a video cam - maybe something along the lines of on and off times (gives workers a chance to scratch on the off times .... hehe) Seriously - maybe something like 11 to 2 (assuming key work is done at this time?) Of course this will turn into more - the ability to play back, interactive video like oovo so customers can make an appointment to see how to do something and so on, so it opens a whole world of possibilities.

02-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I think its a great ideal, maybe it will turn into a TV series like OCC.

Lee in KC
02-06-2011, 10:34 PM
I think its a great ideal, maybe it will turn into a TV series like OCC.
Naw, not enough drama. BC would hafta throw temper tantrums and cuss out Josh and Louie. And then there'd hafta be a loser like Mikey for people to feel sorry for. Don't see it happenin' at Spirit. Them boys got a well-oiled machine... :rolleyes: