PDA

View Full Version : steering column

goufos
02-20-2011, 01:21 PM
just wondering? on the flaming river tilt columns being used by spirit, what is the length ? and is there any other co. that make a 2 inch non tile old style column ?----thanks ronnie

sstock
02-20-2011, 03:40 PM
I believe they use 35" columns

dangileri
02-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Confirmed - my 23 came with a 35 innch column - Flaming River part # FR20007

goufos
02-22-2011, 11:42 PM
thanks guys- how about a non tilt 2 inch column- are there any out there? -thanks

Lee in KC
02-23-2011, 12:17 PM
My advice would be to go with the tilt column if you can afford it and it doesn't spoil the theme of your T. The two smartest things I did on my T were putting in a door and getting the tilt column. I always tilt the wheel up to get out of the T. It makes it so much easier to get out of the seat. I use the wheel as a handle to pull myself forward and up out of the bucket-style seat (need a good, solid column mount for this). I use different steering positions depending on the type of driving and for comfort. For highway cruising I tilt the wheel all the way down to where the rim of the wheel is just above my lap. I can then rest my forearm on my lap with my hand on the bottom of the wheel. Very comfortable. For city driving or curvy country roads I raise the wheel up to get better leverage for turning frequently.