View Full Version : I finally found a bucket project !!!

old skip
03-31-2011, 01:28 AM
Well, I picked it up today,still trying to decde where it all started.

got a lot of parts ie: frame, body short bed, 23 original windshield post, half of the windshield
86 ford 8" ranger rear end, hairpins front and rear.
6" dropped axle, in the weedsssss. too low 14" wheels and lo pro tires up front-gotta go
two fingers clearance is low.
motor,350 casting 14093639 , nasty cam and purdy valve train,rocker rollers and stud girdles supposedly a circle track motor runs ok, no smoke
350 trans with 3500 vega stall converter
steering box.steering shaft,pitman arm
metal radiator cover, redone radiator with top brass tank,
headlights, tail lights
brake master cylinder, no brackets or lines, no pedal mount
sprint style headers, turnouts, no mufflers,just waiting for a ceramic coating
!@#$%^^ cannot wait for a midnight starup and warm it up!
also, for vertically challenged, I am not, a fiberglass hardtop- soon to be traded for usefull thingswill post pics after cleaning, been in a barn i think.
got a lot of shopping to do, but first, gonna clean it up. has been setting for a while in dallas.

trying to still keep working and not just jump off in this headfirst hahaha
waited 40 years to do this, gonna do it right!!!!

03-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Did you buy it in Oklahoma, off Craigs List???

03-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Sounds like fun coming up....

Skip, I'll wave to you Sunday on my way to Dallas....

old skip
03-31-2011, 10:16 PM
no, I did not go to oklahoma after all, found one in dallas.hodge podge front end, need new spindles, disc brake and the works for the front end, will be planning a trip to arkansas soonfor a parts run. I am still learning about all this, motor runs and is HEALTHY.
185 -14 tires and wheels with 6' dropped axle are too low. want to stay with narrows up fron, concerned about wheel and tires, am reseaching further.
Have a godfather of hotrods for a close frend, he is coming friday to give his blessing and look it overreal good. he does high end restorations here in tyler, 20+ years and an avid hotrodder. has a 30 pickup he is doing old school....I visit a lot.got to gonow, loookin at casings

04-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Did you buy it in Oklahoma, off Craigs List???

This Bucket has wound up in New Mexico if its the one your asking about.

04-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Nope, that's not the one...This one was in the Oklahoma City area. More of a bolted together pile of parts. Guy wanted $1900 for it...I saw about a $500 item.

It's now gone, so I assume it sold.

old skip
04-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Ok, I have become more educated. I have a homemade frame, total body, original widsheild frames, 6" total front axle, 86 ford rangerv6 rear end, 350 +30 , rocker rollers, stud girdles, chrome sprint style exhausts, no baffles or mufflers really nasty sound.aftermarket steering assy. fiberglass hardtop. will post more with pics soon....skip

old skip
05-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Well after much pondering about the front end, decided to go with it and use taller front tires, had me on hold.....getting ready to place an order with spirit and arrange for a saturday pickup, depending on shipping costs. need spindles, brakes , the works. have a 6 ' dropped super bell axle.Although I bought a project that was started with total parts, I am spiriting the stuff i need, Yall support the guys like me, instead of sppedway lying about the right fit....thanks Spirit for being there for us...skip unable to add pix, have 2 on trailer