PDA

View Full Version : Drag link end!

bentbaggerlen
09-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Whats on the end of the drag link that connects to the pitman arm of a spirit kit

B.C.
09-07-2007, 09:37 PM
The drag link has a right hand and a left hand threaded rod ends and jamb nuts to connect the bar the the pitman arm and the sling shot steering arm

bentbaggerlen
09-08-2007, 01:55 AM
The drag link has a right hand and a left hand threaded rod ends and jamb nuts to connect the bar the the pitman arm and the sling shot steering arm

Thanks B.C. thats what I needed to know. I was able to find a pitman arm in my shop that fits the vega box, why we would have that in our shop I have no clue it's been on the shelf for about 30 years... the arm has a 5/8" hole in the end of the arm, so I can make that work.

The trucking company held my kit up in Springfield, MO. for a week :mad: Good thing we ship with the same company at the shop, that way I knew who to bitch at to get it moving again. ;) I'll get it on Monday... Its going to be a long weekend.

B.C.
09-08-2007, 10:08 AM
The stock pitman arm has a tapered hole in it you should weld the hole shut and re-drill it for the 1/2 inch bolt that goes threw the rod end

bentbaggerlen
09-23-2007, 05:42 PM
BC,
How much off set is needed in the pitman arm? The arm I have runs into the frame, Its a steel arm so I can heat and bend it.

B.C.
09-24-2007, 07:02 PM
A stock arm should have the right offset