PDA

View Full Version : First post and I have a question

Dr. M
07-15-2011, 11:30 AM
On the Spirit Industries Facenbook page are some pictures of a red and a yellow full fendered T roadsters that appear to have Model A fenders and they appear to me to all be mounted on Model A frames. This is exactly what I would like to build. Anybody know anything about these cars? I'm hoping these two have '27 bodies. I also like that the fenders, running boards, and aprons appear to be a single, integrated piece. Anyone know if these are available for the new, extended bodies?

I have been building motorcycles for a few years (turbo Hayabusa, vintage racing stuff), but we attended a local swap meet resently and a gentleman was selling a '26 T full fender roadster and my wife fell in love. We weren't in time to buy that car, but I mentioned that we might look into building a car. She gave me permission to start looking, so here I am.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Dr. M
07-15-2011, 11:38 AM
BTW, we're in Idaho Falls, so if there are folks on here from this area, say hi. The only piece of trivia I have is my mom went to school with Dee Wescott, and I took Classical Physics with his son, Karl, at Mt. Hood Community College back in 1976-1977. I doubt he would remember me after all these years!

Steve

Hulkamania
07-18-2011, 10:52 AM
The yellow and red 27T with fenders are built on 27T chassis with Model A horns and crossmember.

Dr. M
07-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the reply... so, Spirit can supply the fenders? I don't see them on the website.