View Full Version : Started building today!

09-12-2007, 09:00 PM
I finely got my kit yesterday after Roadway lost it for a bit, and then throughly tested the boxes. They discovered that their fork truck is stronger then any cardboard box.

Last night I went and checked everything over, to see if anything was damaged or missing. But try as they did so far everything is their and undamaged. Other then a few scratches and chips to the body. Not a big deal as I have to prep the body for paint anyways.

Today after work I was able to actually start building!:D I'm doing something a little different, I'm stretching the wheel base and adding a flat bed body. Now why would I want to do that? I'm the shop-foreman at a large truck equipment shop, we build and repair cranes, bucket trucks, roll offs, dump trucks, bridge snoopers... Right now in the shop I'm triple wrapping a truck frame and adding three axles to prep a chassis for a large crane.

I could have built the frame but ordered the kit to save a little time. Today I cut off the kick up and added the needed frame length, and a couple of cross tubes for drive shaft loops and to mount the fuel tank and battery to. And did a lot of weld clean up. Tomorrow I'm going to clean up my Axel housing and start welding on the spring perches, and make some cool gussets for the kick up.

I'll post some photos soon!

PS. The kit and body was packed well by Spirit, all of the problems were due to Roadway. :( You remember that gorilla that used to work for the luggage company? I think he's working for roadway now!

09-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Make sure you post pic's of your build. It sounds like it will be a very cool rod. Now all you need to do is get er done.