PDA

View Full Version : New from Alabama

Lon
09-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Hey everyone, another new guy and lots of questions.

My name is Lon, I live in N. Alabama. I'm currently working on a 53 F-100 and an airbagged 84 GMC. I have always wanted a T Bucket but with my job it would not be practical. So I'm looking into building a C Cab. I'm looking for as much information and pics as I can get. I'm not ready to build right now, this is the planning phase.

wz8362
09-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Hello
I'm at the same place and I have learned more on this site in past few months
tha have in a year of reading card magazines.

other people asking questions and other people answering them.....

be sure to see the vidio on the front end installation in the other thread
It is excellent

Mic-T
09-19-2007, 07:59 AM
Hey everyone, another new guy and lots of questions.

My name is Lon, I live in N. Alabama. I'm currently working on a 53 F-100 and an airbagged 84 GMC. I have always wanted a T Bucket but with my job it would not be practical. So I'm looking into building a C Cab. I'm looking for as much information and pics as I can get. I'm not ready to build right now, this is the planning phase.

Just below Memphis where are you.

B.C.
09-19-2007, 12:53 PM
We are in the process of building a turn key C cab and I will keep you updated on the build. Again welcome to the board.

Lon
09-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.

Mic T, I'm in Hazel Green. I can walk to the Tennessee/Alabama stateline.

bentbaggerlen
09-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Lon,
I'm building a flatbed Tbucket, 60" bed behind the body. Thought about the C-cab but I wanted a top less ride. Just what kind of job do you have that a C-cap would be practical? Sounds like my kind of job!

Lon
09-19-2007, 07:32 PM
I repair copiers for a living. I dont drive to an office and park the car for 8 hours then drive home. I leave my house and go to about 8 different offices during the day. I use my own vehicle and usually put about 150 miles on it daily. I drive an extended cab S-10 right now. Everything fits in the extended cab area and one tote box in the bed. Before the S-10 I drove a lowered Astro van, my wife drives that now.

B.C.
09-20-2007, 09:46 AM
You could put a partition wall and a locking rear door. Get a scarf and ear muffs for winter and have one cool working ride.

Lon
09-20-2007, 10:51 AM
In the winter I will go back to the S-10. I split my driving between the bagged GMC and my S-10 right now. I have admit thats pretty cool to drive my hotrods and get paid for the mileage. I have my parts in my trucks so that to swap trucks I pull out two boxes. Its pretty quick and I keep up with my inventory a lot better.

B.C.
09-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Here is a pic of our new C cab with the plug of the interior insert in it http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/gallery/image_842.jpg

Lon
09-22-2007, 07:49 PM
That is too cool! Is the interior plug similar to the T-Bucket insert?

B.C.
09-24-2007, 07:04 PM
It is the same but different. The C cab is narrower inside.