PDA

View Full Version : Wood Working

TinLizard
10-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Does anyone know wood working? I was looking for exterior and interior. Like 1912 to 1917 T's. Depot hacks, delivery's any of the larger panel trucks. When I build, I'm going to need to haul 2-4 adults, and at least 2 kids. So a regular T-bucket is out of question, because everyone is going to want go!! And I want to take them, since none of them have ever been in any type of vehicle that people will stop and gawk at. :D
Thanks
James

tfeverfred
10-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Check out these guys. they have a complete kit.

http://www.modeltford.com/

Hankster
10-07-2007, 07:47 PM
I just built my C cab out of wood. It is really not that hard if you and not trying to copy a depot hack board for board it should be pretty easy. I worked off the popcorn wagon. THat was my build model. Just think boat the hole time you are building. Spar urethane is the best clear to use over stain. It has UV protectant in it and will keep the wood looking new in all kinds of weather. Also bolt as much as you can. wood moves and you need to be able to tighten or loosen as needed. I have pics on here if you can find the album. Have fun and good luck . Just remember measure twice cut once! Hankster

TinLizard
10-09-2007, 10:41 AM
I just built my C cab out of wood. It is really not that hard if you and not trying to copy a depot hack board for board it should be pretty easy. I worked off the popcorn wagon. THat was my build model. Just think boat the hole time you are building. Spar urethane is the best clear to use over stain. It has UV protectant in it and will keep the wood looking new in all kinds of weather. Also bolt as much as you can. wood moves and you need to be able to tighten or loosen as needed. I have pics on here if you can find the album. Have fun and good luck . Just remember measure twice cut once! Hankster

That was what I was trying for. I have about 300sf of 3/4" marine grade plywood, just itching to build with!! Thanks for the help. As soon as the frame is done I'm off to buzzsaw heaven!
Thanks
TinLizard

Hankster
10-09-2007, 04:06 PM
If you dont have a chassis yet im sure B.C. will get you set up with all the right stuff! Mine is on a 124 inch wheel base. If i was going to put seats in the back make room for people i think i would try to go about the same or just a shade longer. Maybe 130" . I could put one bench seat in the back now very easy and have good room. I just used the standard shocks and running gear and it seem to work fine! 300# coil overs. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I also have tons of build pics on my photo album link page if you need some ideas! http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb142/Hankster_bucket/ Have fun and watch the fingers!!! Please keep us updated on the build!! Hankster

B.C.
10-09-2007, 05:35 PM
I may have some exciting news to announce soon along the line of the type of vehicle you are wanting to build.

TinLizard
10-09-2007, 05:55 PM
I may have some exciting news to announce soon along the line of the type of vehicle you are wanting to build.

I can't wait to see what is coming up. As far as a frame I was going to start with the plans from the this site, and go from there. It will be a rod, low slung and high powered in a traditional '60's style. Probably a small block chevy 327/ 350TH trany. My biggest problem is no digital camera!! But I will keep everyone posted on the buildup.
Thanks
TinLizard :D

Hankster
11-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Hey Tin Lizard Hows the Woody truck comming? We have had a blast with ours this year. We have our last show tomorrow. It should be a good show with lots of cars and trucks. After this show its fix and adjust time. Also going to etch the glass in it this winter and add some more small details! Well let us know how its going! You too BC I cant wait to see what you are brewing up. Any Hints? hehehe Ok everyone have a safe weekend... BUH BYE

B.C.
11-03-2007, 07:54 PM
http://wesiescustoms.com/

TinLizard
11-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Hey Tin Lizard Hows the Woody truck comming? We have had a blast with ours this year. We have our last show tomorrow. It should be a good show with lots of cars and trucks. After this show its fix and adjust time. Also going to etch the glass in it this winter and add some more small details! Well let us know how its going! You too BC I cant wait to see what you are brewing up. Any Hints? hehehe Ok everyone have a safe weekend... BUH BYE

Well this weekend I really got my Model T juices flowing with N.T.B.A. run here in Tucson!! I need to get the steel for the frame, and get it started. " She Who Must be Obeyed" aka my wife is ready to let go with the funds to start this project. So long as she is able to drive it, there will be harmony. As far as the small Chevy engine is concerned, I have aquired an 454/TH400 combo, that will make the wife happy as far as stomp and go fast. So at this point I'm getting the steel for the frame, and buzzing it together!!
Thanks TinLizard