PDA

View Full Version : Dressen up

git-ur-done
12-16-2006, 08:33 PM
I have the SB 350 with eldabrock intake and stock carter 650, This runs like a dream for crusin. I want to change the looks for more height and chrome without loosin the ability to cruse at 30, any suggestions

kcfatdawg
12-17-2006, 10:12 AM
By changing the looks,are you talking about the carb? If you want a killer looking carb that's works perfect try the Endura Shine Edelbrock carb. Spirit sell some great looking chrome aluminum dress stuff. If you want to see what the carb looks like,go to the gallery photos and I have 2 600's on a tunnel ram in the photo's. The valve covers are from Spirit.

git-ur-done
12-18-2006, 04:22 AM
KCfatdawg that is a awsome looking set up you have. I like the contrast of paint and chrome, I am not sure about the two carbs, I'm not a hard sell, just not familure with that set up, What do you estimate the cost to put together a tunnel,two carbs and a big chrome breather with filter element, I'll check Spirit out for the different style breathers

Thanks for the feed back..

kcfatdawg
12-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Summit Racing has a tunnel ram setup that's complete for around $600 with Holley's. If your running a high rise now with a little more than stock motor and it runs good and hard when you mash on it you might stick with that setup. I'm not trying to scare you off on running a tunnel ram,but they will rob some torque of the bottom end if running a high gear in the diff. They like high RPM's. The motor I built is all setup to run a tunnel ram. It has a cam profile to take care of bottom end torque, big valves in heads, bored the 454 out a .100th to make it a 475. Torque converter in trans is about a 3600 stall and running 3.73 gear in rear. I spent a GOB of cash to do it. So, if you just gona dress it up Edelbrock has the Endura Shine line of intakes,carbs that look just like chrome. The intake is around $200<#27014>,the carb is about $360<14054> and ARP make some really nice Polished Stainless engine bolt kits. I'm pretty sure Spirit can get you any of these things.
Didn't mean to ramble on. Good Luck! :D

Spanky
01-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I've seen some pretty creative intake decorations made from chrome plumbing tailpieces; the straight ones with flared ends, or curved ones can be combined atop your existing carb to give it an Enderle injection look. I've also seen some pretty wild fiberglass scoops that can pe painted to match your body or engine. Whaddaya think?

git-ur-done
01-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Hi Spanky
Those are good suggestions, I have been looking at the tall velosity stacks. I prefer to keep my carb and intake as is, so maybe i'll get some fiberglass material and make one and then paint it to match like you commented. I also appricated the comments from kcfatdawg because i like Chrome.......

thanks again

Spanky
01-07-2007, 08:29 PM
That's cool; hope to see a picture or two when you get farther along!

git-ur-done
01-08-2007, 02:21 PM
haven't figured out how you post pic,s on this contraption. I still think cables, or vacume control are much more reliable and user friendly :rolleyes: Heck man that's why I have a bucket and classics, no star wars or nasa engineer needed...:)

kcfatdawg
01-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Go to www.irfanview.com (http://www.irfanview.com) and down load for FREE their program. In their downloads you'll see something that says download all. After that and your running program you can go into your files for photo to resize. It'll tell you what size your photo is on the left of that page,on the right it will give all kinds of sizes for reduction. I clicked on the 640/480 size and at top theres a button you can click on that will cut size in half to 320/240. Save it to a new file and then you can put in Gallery. I had to mess with it a few times to figure it out to make work. :D Have fun! How's your dressin up project coming along?

Sir William
01-09-2007, 01:22 AM
kcfatdawg, 320x240 is WAY smaller than it needs to be. 640x480 should be the smallest you'd ever want to use. 800x600 is better even. The main thing is to lower the QUALITY, NOT the size. When the forum software tells you that the file is too big, it's NOT talking about the width/height, it's talking about the file size. You can decrease the file size very easily by lowering the quality from the default of 80 down to 40-60 or so. This will produce a MUCH smaller file. The limit is currently 100KB. So long as your file is smaller than that, you'll be ok. :D

git-ur-done
01-09-2007, 05:39 AM
thanks kcfatdawg and sir william for these helpfull hints, you keep it up and i may learn something i ain't too sure i aught to be doin,, like i am sayin this here is a contraption i ain't too pleased to be a knowin too much about. I am in So. Korea on a project so I don't know when I'll be back in Texas to play with my T. If all works out I'll take a project in Houston then I'll make the Nats in AZ, made 2005 and missed 2006 as i was gone then also. so with all that said let's see if i can post the pic's Thanks again.