PDA

View Full Version : long bed 'bucket

ben the caveman
10-08-2007, 10:31 PM
just wondering,could i use a regular bucket body on a c-cab frame so i could mount a late '20s to mid 30s P.U.bed to make a roadster pick-up?...what is the difference between the t-bucket and c-cab frames?

GT63
10-09-2007, 07:27 AM
I've always liked this C-Cab pickup.
http://www.rodnrace.com/images/tbucket1.jpg

B.C.
10-09-2007, 05:31 PM
The difference is inches. All in the length after the the kick up.

bentbaggerlen
10-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Ben,
I took the standard Spirit chassis and cut off the stumps after the kick and added 60" to the chassis. I'm building a flat bed bucket. So far it looks like this...
I tried to link a photo, but no luck... Vist my gallery for the 23 T-trucket. check out the last photo

I'm going to run the body between the the rear wheels, oak floor and side boards, steel fenders, dual stacks, tool boxes under the bed... a lot of truck influence. I would love to run a set of duals, but so far I haven't found a way of safely mounting them. May even make the body a dumper not sure yet. A lot depends on how much room is left after the battery and fuel tank are hung up between the frame rails.

Now, if I had mounted the rear axle just 3" farther back I could have used the drive-shaft from my donor truck as it is.:rolleyes: Its just 3" too long so now I have to shorten it.