PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Texas

Babyburr
10-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Hello everybody. My name is John and I, like a lot of others on this site, am in the planning phase of getting into building a T. I've been into Harleys for a long time, but I've always wanted to build a Hot Rod T. I'm learning a lot on this site.

I don't have the extra cash to buy a kit, so I'm going to build it one piece at a time. If I can sell the bike, then, it will be a lot quicker.

Now, a question. The frame that is shown in the catalog for $450. Is it all welded up with all brackets, tranny mounts, and engine mounts ready to just bolt the rest of the parts on for a rolling chassis? I'm not a welder but I'm pretty good with wrenches.

Thanks y'all

GT63
10-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Where in Texas are you?

Hello everybody. My name is John and I, like a lot of others on this site, am in the planning phase of getting into building a T. I've been into Harleys for a long time, but I've always wanted to build a Hot Rod T. I'm learning a lot on this site.

I don't have the extra cash to buy a kit, so I'm going to build it one piece at a time. If I can sell the bike, then, it will be a lot quicker.

Now, a question. The frame that is shown in the catalog for $450. Is it all welded up with all brackets, tranny mounts, and engine mounts ready to just bolt the rest of the parts on for a rolling chassis? I'm not a welder but I'm pretty good with wrenches.

Thanks y'all

23Tzer
10-18-2007, 03:43 PM
BC will tell you for sure but I'm pretty sure the frame from Spirit comes with all the brackets welded.

mdanielson55
10-18-2007, 10:03 PM
Ok Where Are All The Texans At. Ime In Frankston Just South Of Tyler. Babyburr There Was A Yellow 23 T In The Dallas Area For 7 Grand And Looked Sharp

Babyburr
10-19-2007, 09:41 AM
GT63, I'm in Hurst, Texas. In between Ft.Worth and Dallas.

GT63
10-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Dude,

I'm the Chapter President of the North Texas T-buckets. Check out our website : http://www.northtexas-t-buckets.com.
We meet on the second Saturday of every month, except for October when we have our BBQ. I'm in Flower Mound, just north of the airport. I'll be at a show this weekend (21st) at Parker Square in Flower Mound from 1-5.

you can email me at nttbpres@verizon.net.

BTW, I have a Spirit frame under my T-bucket.
http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/gallery/image_17.jpg

GT63, I'm in Hurst, Texas. In between Ft.Worth and Dallas.

Babyburr
10-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Wow! You are very close to me. Really like your ride. Did you get out to the Good Guys show this year? I'm going to a little car show tonight over at the Birdville Stadium on Precinct Line. They have all kinds of cars, but I scope out the T's and ask questions. It may take awhile but I'm going to build one.

I'll watch your website and try to make one of your shows.

Babyburr
10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Gt, I see you have hydraulic shocks on the front instead of the friction shocks. Did you do all the fabbing for that, or is their a shock mounting kit that can be used on the spirit frame?
Thanks

GT63
10-29-2007, 07:04 AM
Gt, I see you have hydraulic shocks on the front instead of the friction shocks. Did you do all the fabbing for that, or is their a shock mounting kit that can be used on the spirit frame?
Thanks

My front end is a collaboration of different vendor's parts. The front axle, spring, and shackles are from Speedway. The shocks are from Pete & Jakes. The brackets are from CCR. They were designed to go on the inside of the frame rail of a CCR frame. I mounted them on teh outside of my Spirit frame so they are directly over the shackles. The headlights mount to a Model A bracket that is bolted to the back of the shock brackets. Seems to work fine and the headlights don't bounce either.

GT63
10-30-2007, 08:35 AM
I'll be there. How about you??

Nov 3rd, 2007 (Sat)
Bass Pro- Grapevine,TX
Bass Pro is the 1st Saturday night show and will not ever change! This is a great big show that everyone loves it was just too hot for Sunday's! This is a great location! Show time is 5:00pm-9:00pm. Registration from 5:00pm-6:30pm Awards at 9:00. **We have added 2 new classes and took away Open Car. Classes are as follows: Pre-50's car, 50's car, 60's car, 70's car, 80's car, 90's car, 2000's car, Street Rod, T-Bucket Roadster,Muscle Car, Import Car, *Mustang, Corvette, Sports Compact, Pre-60's Truck, 60's truck, 70's truck,80's truck,90's truck, 2000's truck, Mini Truck and Open Truck. *Unfinished, Motorcycles Welcome! 24 Classes! Total of 49 Awards! 4 Best of Show awards for 79 and under Car and Truck and 80's and Newer Car and Truck and Manager's Pick. Bass Pro Grapevine is located at 2501 Bass Pro Dr Grapevine, TX 76051 and the phone # is 972-724-2018 **Door Prizes and 50/50. For more info please contact Jim 972-567-0204 or Christy 214-502-6211. Only 10.00 entry fee. Plenty of food places: Fuddruckers, Whataburger, Uncle Buck's...

Babyburr
10-30-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm sure going to try and be there. I'll look for your T.

Thanks

tfeverfred
10-31-2007, 09:24 PM
GT, that sounds like a great time! I wish someone would do something like that in Houston. The biggest thing we get is the yearly Auto Rama at Thanksgiving and that is starting to have the same cars every year.

GT63
11-01-2007, 07:32 AM
GT, that sounds like a great time! I wish someone would do something like that in Houston. The biggest thing we get is the yearly Auto Rama at Thanksgiving and that is starting to have the same cars every year.

Between March and November of every year there is a car show somewhere every weekend in the DFW area. Most draw late model mustangs and ricers, but they also like to see the hot rods and muscle cars. There are some weekends when there are so many shows, it's hard to pick which one to go to. Check out http://www.hotrodhappenings.com/calendar.html for a list of shows. You'll have to check it often because it gets updated all the time. Also I check http://www.southerncruisinnews.com/shows.html and http://www.wehaveneatstuff.com/Carshows.html

There's a couple here that started a business, and all they do is plan and host car shows at area businesses. Check out http://carsroadshow.com/