PDA

View Full Version : Chopped '32 radiator shell

tfeverfred
10-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Hey, does anyone know how wide the Spirit chopped '32 Ford grille shell is? I'm getting the chopped radiator soon and will be looking to buy a chopped shell as well.

thomas
11-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Hey Fred, check out Speedway motors.

thomas:)

B.C.
11-04-2007, 12:41 PM
We have 2 different cut down 32 grill shells. One has a hood lip and one does not the one without the lip is 19.5" across. I will ask Josh to measure the other one on Mon. and post the size.

tfeverfred
11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Any info on the one with the lip? Is the grille shell opening filled and if so, would the guys at Spirit cut it out for me?

tfeverfred
11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey Fred, check out Speedway motors.

Yea, I did. I'm attempting to save a little money and give Spirit some business.:)

thomas
11-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Josh, do you have any pictures of a 23T with your 32 chopped grill? I'm thinking about sending you my 23T grill shell back to you and getting the 32 shell with the grill.

tfeverfred
11-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Thomas, I'm not sure, but this looks like a Spirit T Bucket with one. They look good, don't they?

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/tfeverfred/23T_with_32grille.jpg

B.C.
11-23-2007, 08:51 PM
It's a Spirit. If you see him and that bucket which is now black with red flames ask him if backing into someone to get a new paint job really works. LOL

tfeverfred
11-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey, BC, any info on the one with the lip? Is the grille shell opening filled and if so, would the guys at Spirit cut it out for me? I'd like to get this as a Christmas gift to myself.:D

tfeverfred
11-23-2007, 10:08 PM
I'll call ya Monday.

thomas
11-24-2007, 12:40 PM
I do believe I'm going to do it.

B.C.
11-24-2007, 01:55 PM
We don't mind answering product questions on this board and are glad to do it. But I would really like to see the Bash site to be as manufacture neutral as possible so that everyone feels welcome here whether they have a Spirit Bucket or not. Also we try to monitor this board as much as possible we sometimes miss posts and I sure don't want it to appear that we don't want someones business.
The future of Hotrodding is bright and we look forward to being part of that future. The main reasons for us to have this site and promote the Bash are so we all can have venue's in which we can enjoy our hobby.
I personally like to see questions asked about Spirit product on this site and then answered by those who have hands on experience with it. It is a great way for us to get feed back and and see the areas where we can in prove. I continually tell the folks here at Spirit that we can not be content with where we are, no matter what we are doing we can do it better.
P.S. we have the 32 grill shell both ways lip and no lip, also with and without the stainless insert.

tfeverfred
11-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks for chiming in B.C. My T Bucket is basicaly a Total Performance, but I have had to use what works and what can save me money, so it is a mix of a few different manufacturers. Hey, I don't care what company makes a part I need, as long as it's good quality and the price is right. I also value tech support. I have not dealt with Spirit yet, but I have heard nothing but great things about it. Heck, if I had done a little more research, I might have your frame instead of Totals.

Your price for the chopped '32 grille shell and insert is the lowest I have found, but I want to make sure it will fit my radiator before I drop you the money. I also have ZERO experience working with fiberglass and I'm lucky to have a cool boss who is letting me build my car at work, so having the cutting done by Spirit is an issue because I can't do it at work. I figured I would ask here because I am sure I'm not the only guy looking to go with this setup. Everyone needs to have the info that is available. I wasn't trying to call you out. I could have just called and most likely I still will.

I'm on any site that promotes hot rodding and I'm on any site that promotes T Buckets. You have a good site, otherwise I wouldn't be here. This is my first frame up hot rod, so I tend to do a ton of research and I ask a lot of questions. I have more time than money, but I place a high value on both.

So, I'll call you guys Monday and get the specs on both grille shells and ask a few more questions. Your prices are good and you are closer than Total, so the savings in shipping will help a lot. Plus, it takes 5 days to get a part from Total because of their location. LOL Waiting on a part is murder! This grille shell will not be my only purchase from you. Your prices are very competetive.

I look forward to speaking to you.

P.S. I saw you guys at the Houston AutoRama about 3-4 years ago and liked how you built a T Bucket during the day I was there. That's one of the events that helped me get off my ass and build one of these things.

tfeverfred
11-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Well, I was able to talk with someone at Spirit today and their chopped '32 grille and shell is going to work. They have two:

with a lip: 19 1/2" wide and 28" in length

without a lip: 20 1/4" and 28" in length

The opening is already cut out, which will save a lot of work for those of us scared of fiberglass. I also checked around and their price for the grille and shell can NOT be beat. Looks like this will be my Christmas present to myself!:D

thomas
11-27-2007, 05:11 PM
So what is the difference between a lip and no lip grill. I have the spirit 23T kit. Which one would I need? By the way this is addressed to BC or Josh at Spirit. Thanks guys.

thomas
11-29-2007, 09:13 PM
By the way Fred, it does look good.

tfeverfred
11-29-2007, 10:48 PM
By the way Fred, it does look good.

A '28-'29 Model A looks good too.;) I think it's the curve on the top of the grill. It just seems right.