PDA

View Full Version : rear coil springs

Rooster
11-01-2007, 02:09 PM
i was wondering what would be a good spring rate for a rear coil spring for a tbucket. Like length and diameter and weight . any doner car ideas.

JOECOOL
11-01-2007, 03:38 PM
At one time we used front corvair coils. You may be able to look in a catalog and see if it lists the specs.
I myself have wondered how close the rear coilovers on these big road bikes might be. I see people replaceing them mainly for the show value.
The rear of a bucket may be around 450 to 600 lbs. (remember that's without the rear axle ) What is the rear Lb .capacity of a big road bike with me and another fat a$$ rider
May be close.
A lot of small cars are now finding their way to the U-pull-its,Most of them will have rear coils if you could get the specs on them.

llonning
11-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Years ago I worked for Art Morrison Ent. and what determined spring weight/Inch of compression was the weight of the vehicle at the axle. Determine the weight (passengers, fuel, etc) of the body at the axle. That will determine the spring weight. If you are mounting springs separate of the shocks AME makes a nice mount kit.

www.artmorrison.com