View Full Version : wireing

01-02-2008, 10:19 PM
I am getting ready to wire my 27t. I could use suggestions on how you ran your wires. Also if any one has hooked in a power kill switch that information would be helpful. Then there is the column drop for the steering column how did you do yours?

01-06-2008, 02:41 PM
I have the same two questions, aaand a few more.lol

01-06-2008, 04:07 PM
as far as wiring goes, i set out the complete harness on the floor beside the t-bucket. mine was already seperated as far as front wiring, column, engine, and rear wiring. i then cut out the wires i knew i was not going to use (power window, power lock etc...). then i just picked up the fuse block, mounted it under the dash where i wanted it, then ran all the wires where they needed to go. the wires fit real nice between the interior insert and the outside of the body. this way i got the wires to the underside. then ran the front to the front, back to the back, column wires stayed in the interior, and engine wires to the engine. hooked everything up, turned the key and wa la! no fires! everything worked just like it should. as far as the column drop, i monted a piece of inch and a half angle iron to the drop, then muonted to the backside of the dash. you will have a couple bolts going through the dash that you will see but i used alll stainless allen head bolts for everything. looks real nice. check out my gallery pics to see what im talkin bout. hope this helps ya.

01-06-2008, 10:19 PM
I wire my cars myself. They are easy to do. Just do 1 circuit at a time, write it all down as you go. Like the hi beams wire the headlights togetehr then run to the hi's on the switch, then the lows same way. Then the front turn signals, then the engine. Make it neat. After you get it all done then either tape it all like the older cars or put it all in plastic looms and fasten it up.

On my headlites I run the low beams to the park side of the headlite switch and the high beams to the headlite side. This eleminates the need of a dimmer switch, because there is not much room for one. If you want the park lites to stay on run them in with the tail lites.

01-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Where on the frame is the best place for the main ground? RPM - are you going to Chattanooga this weekend?

01-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Lets see some pictures. A far as the ground . I ran my main ground to the starter mounting bolt and all the accessory's are grounded back to the battery through a distribution broad.All my wiring runs through the frame with SO cord. It will probably never wear out but just in case. I didn't want the frame to be grounded. (Note ) if you choose to go this route make sure all accessory's have been installed to the frame before running the cord through the frame or you take the change of hitting the cord with a screw tip or drill bit.

01-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Where on the frame is the best place for the main ground? RPM - are you going to Chattanooga this weekend?

Had not thought about it. I have a lot going on in the shop and should stay here and work.
Are you going?

There is a small show in Knoxville this weekend.

01-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I really want to go- see some cars and THE TEXAS BIKINI TEAM. Thanks for the ground answers- helps to hear some I did it this way.