PDA

View Full Version : steering stops

Paulski
01-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Has anyone made steering stops? I'm looking for ideas, right now the tie rod that connects the spindles together hits the spring perches when I turn the wheels all the way to the right or left. The only idea I have right now is to weld brackets to the side of the frame so the pitman arm sits between them and hits the brackets to stop the wheels from turning anymore, but I dont think that would look to good! Any Ideas?

Thanks

thomas
01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
I to would like to know what I can do to keep my tires from hitting my radius rods when turning.

thomas:)

butch27
01-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Big problem on "T"s. The stops at the steering box bracket will probably snap off some time. Try to work off of the front spindle area etc. Maybe Youngster can help out here. My Total axle only has a 1/4" set screw where the big steering stop was on Ford axles.

thomas
01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm sure you could figure it out Butch. I've seen your work. Sooooooo get to the drawing board buddy.:D

thomas:)

LumenAl
01-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Has anyone made steering stops? I'm looking for ideas, right now the tie rod that connects the spindles together hits the spring perches when I turn the wheels all the way to the right or left. The only idea I have right now is to weld brackets to the side of the frame so the pitman arm sits between them and hits the brackets to stop the wheels from turning anymore, but I dont think that would look to good! Any Ideas?

Thanks

You might want to look at Pete and Jake Part # SBL2008 (Plain) or PET1006 (Chrome) - Spindle stop nuts thread onto king pin locks on the back side of axle. These stop nuts hold the king pin locks in place and also function as a spindle stop for turning radius.

Image is plain finish:

http://rjays.com/Superbell/SB_images/2008-sm.jpg

butch27
02-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Don't pay for those ,just use some old long lugnuts from a DEEP wheel.

Hulkamania
02-01-2008, 01:47 PM
We take the shackles that mount to the spring and have the bolts facing the axle and tighten them down and cut off the excess thread so the shackles won't hit the axle and then it will give you a better turn radius so that your drag link do hit the bolts on the shackles.

butch27
02-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Thomas: Do you have a shot of your's. I didn't see any on it.