PDA

View Full Version : Another question about titles

itsaT4me
02-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Anyone know how to title a T in missouri that is not a kit, but built from swap meet parts

Duke
02-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Not sure if this will help but it might get you started. I live in Oregon and build a 38 chevy PU from parts I had collected over the years. The DMV wasn't very helpful in that they needed a vin#. I contacted the state police and they were great, told me exactly how to do it. The state police inspect for a Vin#, finding none the police give you a form certifying there is no vin# and it is a homebuild car. Take all records and pictures (if any) to the DMV and tell them you build this car from collected parts ( Show proof of purchase ) and need a Vin # ( Show form from State Police). The DMV issues a VIN# and places it on car, and issues the regestration and title, Now your set to get insurance. Put some oil and gas in it, and your ready to go. :D Your state is most likly something like that - State Police here were really helpful.

B.C.
02-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Start by calling your DMV just make it an info gathering call so you can find out some of your options. Just do a little research and you should have little problem getting a MO title. There will probably be several ways you can get it done.

Hemi-T
02-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Hey there! Being from Mo. I ran into this issue in the 80's. Getting a title isn't the problem, (home built) frames and vintage bodies or fiber replica bodies are easily titled. However there is the D.O.T. inspection...Biggie!!!, personal property taxes... the other Biggie. The state boys are very detailed on thier inspections, mainly safety. Which is a good thing of course. The tax issue, well we all know how that goes.

Good luck!!

Hulkamania
02-21-2008, 09:55 AM
This might help some of you with titling your car. Check it out!

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/03/28/041597.html