PDA

View Full Version : rotor vibration

s19243h
02-17-2008, 09:05 AM
i was told that the heavy rotors will give vibration at 50 mph. anyone experiance this?

GT63
02-17-2008, 10:33 AM
i was told that the heavy rotors will give vibration at 50 mph. anyone experiance this?

Your information is incorrect. I'm using the GM rotors and have had no problems up to 90 mph.

B.C.
02-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Heavy rotors WILL stop your bucket where bicycle wheels and brakes that are just for show won't. There are other causes for vibration. We plan on doing a front suspension tec video in the near future and explain some of the reasons. I don't want to assume the position of expert cuz I'm not but there is some information I would like to share and bring some rumor's into question. It will be at this link (http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1321372315) when we get it up. There are a few videos there now and we are adding more as time permits.

s19243h
02-19-2008, 09:58 PM
hey, im just trying to do this thing right , this is the first time for me building a bucket. maybe the other co. trying to sell me their rotors wich are about 200 more than youres. dont feel like spending 450 and find out i have a vibration at 50mph because thick rotors are out of round, thats why i ask questions theres got to be alot of youre buckets out there. just want to get there input ,and im not running bicycle wheels on my bucket ,so i deffinetly want it to stop can i use youre brake kit on tp spindles?

B.C.
02-20-2008, 11:40 AM
My post is not to say one company's rotor is better than another. I just don't believe in the heavy rotor theory. If you have a vibration in your front end there is a much better chance your running to much tire pressure than your rotors are out of balance. There are also several other things I would check before I would blame the rotors. There are some smaller ecstatically pleasing rotor caliper combinations that work fine. Always keep a balance between safety, performance, and cool.
I don't claim to be an expert so my best advice is keep asking questions and then form your own opinion.

s19243h
02-20-2008, 11:49 AM
b.c. thanks for writing back to me . i bought a tp chassis and suspension before i even knew you guys exsisted, thats my fought for not doing my homework. i cant tell you if i have a vibration because i dont have a brake and rotor combo. but i think im going with youres for 200 less and heavier that i know ill stop
thanks