PDA

View Full Version : Battery box

thomas
02-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Josh, my drive shaft will run through my battery box. Any suggestions on where to put my battery? I was assured that the drive shaft would miss the battery box. I have no room to hide it in the pickup box. Do you know of any short batteries that I could use or a narrow one out there? I'm going to have to rework that battery box some how. Could use some help on this thing.

Thank you
thomas:)

linersis
02-20-2008, 02:37 PM
hey, i had the same problem. i had a local place make my driveshaft for me. it is 2 inches around. it still looked like it would hit the battery box. well the next day, my driveshaft showed up at my doorstep, took it out of the box, placed it in he rear of the tranny, and sure enough, it barley hit the corner of the battery box. this is no problem. i took my dremel and cut out the corner of the box so the diveshaft would fit. then i just re fiberglassed the corner so the driveshaft would move freeley. the battery box is plenty big to do this. my battery fits just fine. hope this helps you out.

thomas
02-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Thank you linersis.

Duke
02-20-2008, 10:51 PM
I haven't heard of this before, is this a normal problem - something I need to plan for or did you guys do something different to cause this problem. Just want to be ready to deal with it if I have to.:confused:

LumenAl
02-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Josh, my drive shaft will run through my battery box. Any suggestions on where to put my battery? I was assured that the drive shaft would miss the battery box. I have no room to hide it in the pickup box. Do you know of any short batteries that I could use or a narrow one out there? I'm going to have to rework that battery box some how. Could use some help on this thing.

Thank you

I have mine located beneth the car, off to one side, and have it setup to swing down for access...

https://publish.comcast.net/rpath/frpLLZtlpZTyX9AuHkE1fVSzNdyaAHhYhpH7q9taVUorys3Lcf wd6bSQxP-FLboDZLYa0qJsTDwonzP6A__9hToc-J-KuCupE_vqxNcGMZA/

RT 23
02-21-2008, 11:55 AM
hi, new to the forum. i have a spirit car with chevy 10 bolt rear end, drum brakes.
mocked up car with 2 3/4" driveshaft. there is a clearance of abot 1" between the shaft and fiberglass box. i mounted the box from above the plywood floor. the rear of the box is 3" away from the rear body mount center, with about a 1/4" clearance between the box and the side frame rail. hope this helps.

butch27
02-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Thomas: Check out my NARROW battery.And yes you'll have to cut the box down. No big deal. I bought it a K-Mart out of a some foreign car Impreza or something like that. Butch