View Full Version : 23 T Door(s)

02-27-2008, 12:54 PM
We just purchased a used 23T (titled in 2002) and it's a Spirit build. My wife has a disability that keeps her from getting in it. Is there a kit or plans somewhere that I might get and cut in a door at least for her? I also want to put a top on it and if I do that I surely will need a door for her and this old body too!

02-27-2008, 05:52 PM
I plan on doing a tec video of putting a door in but it will probably be a few weeks. Does the body already have the insert installed?

02-27-2008, 06:27 PM
It does and a seat insert too. There are some pics in the Gallery (http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=204). I have plans to strip it inside to have it re-upholstered in a white vinyl or leather after having it repainted. A video would be cool on that and maybe adding a top too?

Thanks BC!

03-31-2008, 11:59 AM
I have removed the liners and glassed in some 1 x 6 wooden frames. I think I a ready to cut out the doors, just got to get up the nerve. I'll post some pics soon.

03-31-2008, 04:31 PM
I have seen it done without the insert. What they did was put wood that was wide enough to go across the door jamb area and then cut threw the glass and the wood at the same time. It worked very well.