PDA

View Full Version : spirit kits

jrn
04-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi guys! Been lurking here awhile. First post! Does anyone know if spirit will modify frame to customers specs when purchasing a 23T kit? What I'm getting at is I would like mine to sit lower than their stock frames. Nothing major that would require alot of deviation from their stock specs. Maybe front spring perch mounted a little higher, a little more kick-up in the rear......Basically I want to build a T very similiar to pic #18 of the Tbucket garage, just a little lower. What are my options BC? Thanks!!!!

Mike O.
04-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Well I would recommend that you call Spirit. I do ot have one of their kits yet but I am sure they could modify anything if need as long as it is still safe, which it seems like what you want to do is just have a little difference stance.

After all in their slogan it states "If you can dream it, we can build it!"
Mike O.

rwd95v
04-04-2008, 08:40 PM
jrn...BC and the gang will do any frame modifications that you might want within reason. Safety is foremost at Spirit. I speak from experience. My Spirit 27 has 2 inches more kickup in the rear for a lower stance, combined with a 6" dropped front axle vs. the standard 4" drop. Serve up your ideas...and they will make it happen. Great people to work with.

jrn
04-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Sound good! rwd95v, I was just checking out your car a minute ago. Very cool! The 2 inches front and back is about the amount of drop I had in mind. Where did you get the 6 inch drop axle? And how much extra would it be for spirit to add the extra 2 inches in the kick? Thanks guys.....JRN

rwd95v
04-04-2008, 09:52 PM
jrn...they did not charge me anything extra to build the frame per my request. I believe the 6 inch dropped axle was slightly higher...but less than $100.00. I could not be more pleased with the team at Spirit. They have gone the extra mile on everything. There are additional pictures on rwd95v2 should you be interested. Almost complete. The 6" dropped axle is Super Bell.

jrn
04-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Awesome... I'm gonna go with the 6'' drop axle and the extra two in the rear...Btw, did I see that you are into mopars? I've got a few myself...Thanks again!....jrn

Duke
04-05-2008, 12:53 AM
I am sure you will be happy with the people at Spirit, great product and excellent customer service - they treat a customer like an old friend - I am very pleased.

rwd95v
04-05-2008, 06:50 AM
jrn...I have been lucky enough to have many, many, Mopars over the years. Currently have 14 in the collection. Start in 63 and end in 1971 for the collector cars. Mostly B and A bodies. Sold all the E-body stuff when prices went crazy. I got most of my stuff in the late 70's and early to mid 80's when nobody wanted it. Worked out well. Most are very nice drivers and original. The best thing I have is a 69 Charger RT with 10,900 original miles. My favorite is a 67 GTX that I have had for about 30 years. I have my original (first new car) 1968 Dart 340 GTS and my 69 Swinger 340. 68 is 4 speed and 69 is auto. I came very close to doing my 27 with a 500 cubic inch low deck (400) Mopar. Would have been exciting, but not very practical....However BC and the gang were ready to fab up the mounts for the Mopar and 727. They are great people.

jrn
04-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Cool! I've got a 66 coronet, 68 satellite and a 69 satellite. Paw in laws got a bunch too. Like you said people used to just about give them away. Now with Barret Jackson everybodies "discovered" mopars and driven the prices way up! Oh well at least its making the aftermarket sheetmetal guys pay attention....J