PDA

View Full Version : Weatherstripping for the coupe

Artsteb
01-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Does anyone have any info about what to use for weatherstripping on the Spirit Model A coupe? The car rattles pretty badly without any. What to use around the doors and trunk and also what works at the bottom of the door windows on the outside to shed the rain? Thanks

3quarter32
01-15-2013, 07:33 PM
You might look at the products these folks have. They have lots of differents rubber sealing items.
Lee
http://www.austinhardware.com

Artsteb
01-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks, Lee. I checked it out but didn't see anything that looked like it would work HOWEVER, since I haven't the foggest idea what I'm actually looking for, I may be all wet! I need the strip that goes on the door where the window slides down. It acts like a scrapper to remove/shed water and keep it out of the inside of the door. I think it will have to be some kind of stick-on item as I see no other way to attach it.

The door and trunk will probably also be a stick on product. Steele Rubber Products has some items that may work for the door and trunk but I was really hoping some one may have already traveled this road and would have actual part numbers that were confirmed to work. Has anyone weatherstripped a Spirit A-rod?

3quarter32
01-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Ok, I know what your looking for on the windows now. I would check a local trim and upholstery supply. The one we have here in the Tulsa area, has all kinds of rubber products. If you don't find anything in the next few days, I will go there and take a look. Thats a good idea about the window seal. I hadn't thought about that yet, but it beats drilling holes to dump water out of the doors.
Lee

Artsteb
01-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks, Lee.