PDA

View Full Version : What about insurance for my 23T

streetmaster
04-20-2008, 11:11 AM
All thiese plans for building a T-Bucket, i havent even considerd what it was gonna cost me to insure one of thiese cars. So can anyone clue me in on the usual cost to insure a Bucket, not that it will change my mind about the build, its just that im curious. :confused:

linersis
04-20-2008, 08:41 PM
mine is added on to my monthly plan with my two jeeps and motorcycle. i have mine insured for the appraised amount of $26,500.00 for $17 bucks a month, and thats with a $100.00 deductible.

streetmaster
04-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Oh cool, atleast i wont get sticker shock then :eek:

rotten
04-21-2008, 07:08 PM
I have my C-Cab insured with Hagerty. Some people say they are too high but I am satisfied with them. I have it insured for $28,000, unlimited driving, $200 deductable and it cost me $360 a year.

streetmaster
04-21-2008, 07:32 PM
I have my C-Cab insured with Hagerty. Some people say they are too high but I am satisfied with them. I have it insured for $28,000, unlimited driving, $200 deductable and it cost me $360 a year.Thanx for the reply, im just bangin around ideas for now. Yeah its gonna be awile for me to get my project started on, because i've got a ton of dental work needing done at this time. But in any event, how do you come up with the value of the car for insurance reasons? Just food for thought

GT63
04-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Thanx for the reply, im just bangin around ideas for now. Yeah its gonna be awile for me to get my project started on, because i've got a ton of dental work needing done at this time. But in any event, how do you come up with the value of the car for insurance reasons? Just food for thought

There are two ways to determine the value. Have it appraised by a Certified Hot rod appraiser or Maintain ALL of your receipts and keep a build book that notes everything you spent whether you paid cash, credit card, or the value of swapped parts or parts given to you. Placing a value on your time spent building is the hardest part. You never really re-coup all of it.

motovate
03-17-2009, 02:18 AM
New to T Buckets and new to this forum - I saw this thread and also have a few questions - I see where insurance is generally an agreed upon sum. How does it work for PL/PD - state required minamums???? So you can drive around the streets????

Thanks. I just traded for a "T" don't know who made the kit - still looking into that but is't all Ford and has a Supercharger.:D
LBM