PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Hardtop

HILDY (TOM HILLABRAND)
02-13-2007, 01:19 AM
B.C., do you make that new hardtop for the shorter windshield,:confused: or is it just a matter of trimming it down? if so, do you guys trim it or do i ? i'm thinking of getting one in the future to fit my SPIRIT T (track body)!

HILDY

B.C.
02-13-2007, 10:16 AM
We made it to fit the tall windshield. There may not be a lot of head room if you use it on a 14' windshield. Sorry I'm not much help here. The good thing about T buckets is you can do what ever you want just make it work. If you like the general shape of our top then it would be a good starting point just whack it and make it work.

Hulkamania
02-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Here is a hardtop for the 27T....we are still working on it...it should be done in about 3 weeks..you have to use 26-27 4 inch chopped windshield frame with the 4 inch chopped posts......looks awesome on the body......

http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/gallery/image_134.jpg

thomas
06-07-2007, 03:21 AM
BC, do you have any pictures with the hardtop on a T-Bucket?

thomas:)

GT63
06-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Here's the Hard top on a T.

http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/gallery/image_165.jpg

B.C.
06-07-2007, 09:52 AM
The 23 top is tall and you can get in without a door as for the 27 it's a good thing we have doors cuz it would be tough getting in, once in there is plenty of head room in both of them.

thomas
06-08-2007, 08:06 PM
BC, is that top wraped with leather? And do'es it mount and dismount easily? Sure do wish you had a spell check on this forum. Wouldn't sound so stupid. Love that look though.

thomas

Hulkamania
06-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Thomas....the hardtop is just fiberglass. YOu would have to get it upholstered unless you wanted us to have our upholstrey guy do it for you. The fiberglass top is $495 and our upholstery guy charges $560 for the material and labor. The top has a lip on it on the back side of the top.. It fastens to a bracket on the windshield and we put screws behind the seat.

thomas
06-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Well worth having you guys do it. Hope I can order my kit soon.

thomas

B.C.
06-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Thomas if you look in the message box after you type your reply in the upper right hand corner is a Check mark with the letters ABC above it. If you click that it will do a spell check. I had to down load a free program the first time I used it but it did not take to long to do and it was well worth the time. Spelling was never my strong suit in school.

benT
06-25-2007, 05:30 PM
My dad has a hard top for his '27 that has a "chopped" look, and it is real fun getting in! He has operable doors--without them it would be impossible! When your driving, you have to slide the seat bottoms forward and slouch down so you can see better. Traffic lights almost require a prism. If you were 5' tall, it would be cool.

Not sure who made it, but it fits a standard Total Performance cast alum '27 windshield posts, and a Speedway body. I'll try to find a pic.

thomas
06-27-2007, 02:21 PM
My dad has a hard top for his '27 that has a "chopped" look, and it is real fun getting in! He has operable doors--without them it would be impossible! When your driving, you have to slide the seat bottoms forward and slouch down so you can see better. Traffic lights almost require a prism. If you were 5' tall, it would be cool.

Not sure who made it, but it fits a standard Total Performance cast alum '27 windshield posts, and a Speedway body. I'll try to find a pic.

Can't be much fun to drive.

thomas

bucket nut
11-19-2007, 05:59 PM
I built a soft top for my car. It hinges off the back of the body and attaches to the windsheild posts similar to the model A's. I guess i can't put a pic here, or I'm blind and can't find the paper clip to attach a photo.

B.C.
11-19-2007, 06:32 PM
http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/gallery/image_928.jpg

whitey23t
01-31-2011, 12:23 PM
Folks , i own a total performance t-bucket and also looking to add a hardtop to it ...it does have a 14 windshield , and unless your seating is lowered as mine is ..dual bucket seats ..it doesnt give you alot of view...i recently visited wintecfabrication in conn.and jim the owner still has a company that can get you fiberglass shells and headboards for them...you would need to have it upholstered or painted...he has a t-bucket in his showroom...slick pink colored one "lucky lady", i sat in it to get a feel for headroom and it was tight , however it had more of a bench seat style so you were up higher...i am planning to try this top and having a local hot-rod shop paint and install it after i prep it with wood re-inforcements..the trick is going to be the hinges to install...it would lift up to enter then attach to the windshield..the pink bucket had a pin setup that didnt work correctly ...i heard it blew off doing 60mph and destroyed the top...since redone...so look to have something fabricated that works securely...will provide pictures of mine when it is done this summer..you can google jim at wintec, he is very helpful and might also have your answers?, tell him to email you pics of the pink bucket with top that he sent me..thx guys

ruggles
01-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Just a smart remark.......The top on my C-cab works just fine, plenty of head room.......ruggs

bucket nut
02-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Yes B.C. that is my car thanks for putting my picture up.

B.C.
02-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Yes B.C. that is my car thanks for putting my picture up.

Just copy and past from the gallery. Try it till you figure it out but don't get frustrated. If you make a bunch of dead posts I can delete them no problem.