PDA

View Full Version : Side Curtins/Air Conditioning

johnnyangel
07-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I have always been a drive it kind of person, however being on the other side of 60
A/C would be a great addition on a long road trip. The Vintage Air conpact evap will fit
in a T-Bucket, keeping the cool air in would require some kind of side curtins.

I owned several English sports cars in the 60's and as I remember the curtins were
formed around a metal frame, held in place by thumb screws, or a rod was fitted into the
window channel. I also have seen curtins with zippers attaching the curtin to the top.

Has anyone built curtins for a T-Bucket or have another idea on how to make'em

Thanks

Johnny Angel

GT63
07-06-2008, 10:04 AM
If you want A/C, you'd be better off with a '27 coupe.

johnnyangel
07-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks for idea, coupe would be nice. I thought I could also put side
windows in a C cab, there is enough room in the back that the windows could
be put on a slide and slide back into the rear interior sides...just a thought

GT63
07-07-2008, 07:35 AM
IMMHO, A T-bucket roadster shouldn't have A/C. The engine should be kept simple and clean. That's what makes a T-bucket attractive. By the time you add a compressor, dryer and all the hoses, the engine becomes cluttered and less appealing.

Also, a standard body and long cruises don't mix. Anything over 60 miles and I have to stop and stretch the legs.

As I said earlier, A coupe with a hood and fenders is the best way to go if you want A/C.

Check out http://www.russnomorestreetrods.com/ for 1927 coupe bodies.

mdanielson55
07-07-2008, 11:43 AM
yo GT it is a shame when extra stuff is put on an engine and clutter it up.i hope blowers dont count as extra stuff. iffin it does we in trouble huh? u coming to the bash?? mike

GT63
07-07-2008, 01:25 PM
yo GT it is a shame when extra stuff is put on an engine and clutter it up.i hope blowers dont count as extra stuff. iffin it does we in trouble huh? u coming to the bash?? mike

I don't think blowers clutter it up. They add a little meanness to them.

I just find it funny that folks want to build a T-bucket, which is a bare bones hot rod and then add creature comforts to them.

I'd like to attend the BASH, but Verizon management is on stand by for strike duty, no vacations until the contract is wrapped up in August.

I've been attending a few of the local shows here. Went to the Christian Classic show last month in North Richland Hills. This is a JUDGED show. I won the T-bucket\Roadster class.

vistin
10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
I built a T way back in 82 and before I got through doin all the mods I had air. I had side curtins made that snaped in air tight and had the comp snug to the engine block/oil pan kinda slung under a little.
I could freeze meat in there, LOL!
vistin