View Full Version : New intro...

07-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Hey guys,

Name's Monkey but I've been called a lot worse. I've had my bucket going for about 3 years now. Love it. Still working out the bugs and changing little things here and there.

I also have a 41 ford pickup that I started building when I was 17. It's black w/ flames, orange steelies and wide whites. I've driven it all over the country.

I grew up in a t bucket. My step dad was building one when my mom and he started dating. I loved that car. When he sold it, I vowed that one day I would get/build one of my own. I've been having fun ever since...

I live in Owasso, OK which is about 15 min. North of Tulsa. Just getting settled into a new house, so things are still really crazy right now.

I also drive a twin engine flathead dragster for a guy out of Terrilton, OK. It's a 10.00 second car that's fun to mess around in.

I put some pics in my gallery.

07-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Nice pics and welcome! Your T looks like an older Total Performance design. Looks nice!

p.s. Didn't Flathead Jack have a twin like that?

07-18-2008, 10:54 AM
He did actually and at one point we were taking of a grudge match. Nothing has ever come of it although I would get spanked. I think his twin was running in the 7's.

We are fortunate enough to have Bennie "the wizard" Osborn frequent our shop and he has definately given us some great pointers. He ran twin small blocks for a while. He was the first back to back world champ in NHRA AA/Fuel. Very cool guy.

Sir William
07-19-2008, 11:26 PM
That dragster is just wild. Welcome to the Bash site!