PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run a 6 in dropped ford front axel?

monkey
07-23-2008, 05:14 PM
I commented on i think T-man's picture thread. It looked like he had a 6 inch drop. I'm running the standard 4 inch total performance front end currently. I looked them up in Speedway and found them with the 6 in drop. I would need to weld on the brackets for my friction shocks but other than that, it looks like it would bold right up.

Any advice???

monkey

monkey
07-23-2008, 05:20 PM
I commented on i think T-man's picture thread. It looked like he had a 6 inch drop. I'm running the standard 4 inch total performance front end currently. I looked them up in Speedway and found them with the 6 in drop. I would need to weld on the brackets for my friction shocks but other than that, it looks like it would bold right up.

Any advice???

monkey

Sorry, it was blown T's roadster with the drop. I love that car! What a stance.

monkey

rwd95v
07-24-2008, 07:22 PM
I am running a 6 inch Superbell dropped front axle on my Spirit 27...just FYI.

benT
08-10-2008, 10:17 AM
I have a 6" drop tube on my '27. It is from Spirit. I gets me low, but I built the frame around it. You can check out my gallery for some pics... My pop has a 4" drop on his '27, but with the way his car is built, it is almost as low. Make sure you don't have any clearance issues with your steering components or steering arms. My car is sutup for cross steer and I had to use Speedway dropped steering arms to get the steering link through the hairpins.

BlownT
08-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks man. The axle is from MAS and I bought the axle at a swap meet many many years ago. After I got it home I realized it was a 6" drop. It had really cheap and flimsy 1/4" radius rod brackets. I cut them off and had a shop add the CCR brackets. It is good looking but you do have to watch out for things. If I were to build it again I would use the tubular motor mounts and get the engine and trans up higher. I have very little ground clearence and I drag over many things. But thankfully I have a Slamguard oilpan.