PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank / trunk pictures & frame prep

Phoenixmsb
07-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Is anyone up to the stage where they have their fuel tank mounted that could send me a few pictures either bare frame with tank or inside the trunk on the 1927 T?

A few pictures of how you did the rear brakes on a 10-bolt?

Finally, frame prep:

I've read the books and postings about using 2-part epoxy primer, super-duper paint, etc. all for the frame. I used a couple rattle-cans of Automotive primer @ $3.97 each and a quart of automotive gloss black paint from Discount Auto Parts for $19.99 that I brushed on the frame. I had a fan blowing the fumes out of the garage. Is this OK? I'd rather spend the money on parts instead of $500.00 on paint and primer for the chassis.

What's your opinion?
:confused:

Please email me any pics you can to: Phoenixmsb@aol.com.
Thanks!

RPM
07-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Is anyone up to the stage where they have their fuel tank mounted that could send me a few pictures either bare frame with tank or inside the trunk on the 1927 T?

A few pictures of how you did the rear brakes on a 10-bolt?

Finally, frame prep:

I've read the books and postings about using 2-part epoxy primer, super-duper paint, etc. all for the frame. I used a couple rattle-cans of Automotive primer @ $3.97 each and a quart of automotive gloss black paint from Discount Auto Parts for $19.99 that I brushed on the frame. I had a fan blowing the fumes out of the garage. Is this OK? I'd rather spend the money on parts instead of $500.00 on paint and primer for the chassis.

What's your opinion?
:confused:

Please email me any pics you can to: Phoenixmsb@aol.com.
Thanks!

Here is a pic of T-Rexs car. This car won best of show at the BASH. this is his trunk area

http://forums.bucketheadbash.com/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=87

bentbaggerlen
07-30-2008, 07:22 PM
If your trying to build a show car then you need to spend the bucks on the fancy paint, lots of time preping and filling the frame... But if your building a driver what your doing is fine (IMHO)

I build trucks for a living and one of the best paints I've found for the bodies we build is rustoulm hammertone the paint is tuff and needs no primer. I'm painting my complete chassis for my bucket with it, but I'm building a driver.