PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank options?

Ashman-in-AZ
03-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Hello from Phoenix, AZ! New member here and looking forward to being an active member. I'm building a Spirit kit with a 351-Clevor (351 Windsor with Clevelend heads.) This monster should produce 500 hp. That aside, I'm trying to decide how to "hide" the fuel tank in the mini-bed without cutting a hole in the dec lid for the gas cap. I would like the dec lid to be hinged. I have some furniture hinges that may work. However, I thought I'd see what other options are available and what others are doing?

Thank you.
Ashley

B.C.
03-22-2007, 08:43 PM
I seen one that had drawer slides and the decklid slid out. It was pretty cool. We build one that it hinged I'll ask Josh to post some pic's of it here tomorrow if we have any.
I would like to see pic's of how every one else deals with fuel cap access. I love new ideas.

Ashman-in-AZ
03-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi B.C.! Josh sent me some pictures of the hinged dec lid completed by Spirit. Very, very impressive. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills that they have.

PAR-T
04-06-2007, 02:43 PM
B.C. is there a fuel tank for the 23 roadster body

lanceks1
04-15-2007, 01:28 PM
I have a 18 gal tank made by No-Limit in Cal. Made the filler lower than the bed cover. Fastened the cover to built up wood perimeter of bed sides with Velcro. Will post some pics in my gallery.

B.C.
04-15-2007, 05:27 PM
I did not see your post earlier. The answer is yes. We are now having RPM build them for us. I am curious to see the Velcro cover it sure sounds like a good idea.