PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to say, Hello!

tfeverfred
03-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Hello, everyone. My name is Fred or Tfeverfred. I am in Houston, Texas (I'm not a cowboy:) ). I started my dream T in October of 2006. While I have had/worked on cars before, this is my first attempt at a Hot Rod. So far, I have just dropped the chassis at the powder coaters (after much advice from others). I'm working on a budget, so I didn't have the luxury of buying a package deal. I am doing it a bit at a time. It's slow, but I am able to really make sure that I do things right.

I've always loved T Buckets. Two things happened that started my dream of building a Hot Rod. I saw American Graffiti when it came out and I saw an ad in an issue of Hot Rod that had a T Bucket in it.

Thinking that in order to build a Hot Rod it had to be all chrome and candy paint, I scared myself before I ever started one. I dreamed for almost 30 years. Then, I happened to notice the Rat Rodders and liked the attitude of building what you could to please yourself. It was also at this time that I got tired of reading and drooling at Hot Rod magazines. With that attitude, I ordered my basic frame and recieved it October 12, 2006.

Well, that's it (probably more than needed). This is not the only site I subscribe to, but I look forward to being a member to this site and will offer help when needed. I'll also be asking for it too. First timer and all.

B.C.
03-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Great to see you here. Feel free to use the gallery to post pic's and keep us updated and hopefully we can keep encouraging each other with shared experience. I have just one thought and believe me it comes from experience. Before you powder coat make sure every thing is pre fit. You probably already did this but it did not say so in your post. Again welcome aboard!

tfeverfred
03-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Great to see you here. Feel free to use the gallery to post pic's and keep us updated and hopefully we can keep encouraging each other with shared experience. I have just one thought and believe me it comes from experience. Before you powder coat make sure every thing is pre fit. You probably already did this but it did not say so in your post. Again welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I did check, thanks for looking out. With the free time, I'm planning out my next steps. Body or drive train? My heart says to get the body, but getting the drivetrain seems like the logical thing to do. Much thinking ahead.

Hulkamania
04-27-2007, 12:50 PM
My name is Josh and I am the shop manager at Spirit Industries. I am new to the Car Scene. I got involved with Spirit when i married Bob's (BC) daughter(Janelle) in May of last year. I have been with Spirit for about 2 years now and still learning the tech side of it. I am trying to get the website up to date and bring into new ideas and new products for t buckets and the website. I would like to take the website to a higher level and offer a lot more. As you can see by my name and pic i am a wrestling fan! I get flack around the shop about being a wrestling fan. I am also a huge sports fan and love watching college sports and love THE HOGS (woooo pig sooooie)!!!!!!! Hope to see everyone in July and if you need anything for your t bucket let me know.